Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lainy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Can I sue my daughter for slander and harassment
    My daughter left her husband and kids for a guy she met on the net, she has been slandering her entire family and making threats and accusations all over town what can I do
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
    How was she slandering? What was she saying and how?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Slander accusations (along with defamation of character) suits are very hard to hold up in court mainly because you have to show evidence that it has affected you in such a drastic measure that it has caused you financial hardship. Granted, it may be worth a try to speak to a lawyer about this matter, but very many lawyers are not willing to take the case to court, and not many judges are willing to listen to it either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Third Party harassment? [ 2 Answers ]

Since my Ex moved back last month, he began stalking me and my new boyfriend. I finally got fed up and got a retraining order on him after he was walking his dog at 7:30 am in the park behind my house when he lives 3 citys away. Before he was served, his mom found out about the order and has now...

Harassment Charges in PA? [ 1 Answers ]

When a person files a police report for harassment what is the procedure? Is there any paperwork that should be obtained from the officer after the initial report or does one get a copy of it?

Collection agencies harassment [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My account was sent to a collection agency and I made a verbal monthly payment arrangement with a staff in charge of my account in this agency. I have been making the payment as agreed, but I still get harassing calls from other staff of this agency reguesting me to make payment in full in...

Is it harassment [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé works in a restaurant and her manager stands on top of her makes her feel uncomfertable and he has made other girls there very self conscious ( staring at there chest). She reported the problem of him being this way and her other managers said they didn't see it so it didn't happen. He...

Landlord harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to take my landlord to small claims court what can I claim? He has made no repairs on my apt since I moved in and then he tries to monitor who comes in and out of my apt and how long they stay. He questions my teenager and guest who come to my apt. I have called the police on him since...

View more questions Search