Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    istkaz65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Remove cactus from labs nose
    I think its from pricklypear cactus really fine thin needles I got most I could see I know there are still some tiny ones he has not shown too much dicomfort but is lickin nose more often it occurred approx 2hrs ago anything else I should do or? Thks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Ouch! Think of it as splinters. You have to get them out before they cause an infection.

You need a calm dog and a fine pair of tweezers. You may not have both. I'd call the VET in the morning.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 30, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Yes cactus spines will make them not want to eat and also the area could get infected. You could try applying ice cubes often the moisture will make them swell a little to where you can pull them out. Use a magnifying glass to see them. Beebalm is supposed to help with the pain. I have that flower in my garden, chop some leaves up and apply like a poultice. Or mint might work too
    angel-4460 Posts: 30, Reputation: -2

Jun 30, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Mabey you got them all out, and you'r dog's licking her nose because it burns?
    I don't know but try to take them out using magnifieing glass or something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Toys for Labs [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I will first start by saying this is a great site for information. I need some suggestions for toys for my 6 month old lab. We have a rope toy and a plush sqeaky toy and a Nylabone. We have gone to Petcetera (we live in Canada) and only see really $$$ stuffed animals. We have Kongs but we...

Heeler biting Labs [ 3 Answers ]

From an email: ''My husband is going to give my dog away and I am frantic. My Heeler, Chico, bites his labs on the ankles and draws blood. He does this Constantly no matter what we do to correct him. Even the shock collar Didn't phase him. Chico is 1 1/2 years. His basic training went...

How much do newborn labs usually weigh? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My name is Megan. My Lab just finished whelping her litter of 11 today 06/11/2007. We have puppies ranging from 11 oz. to 1lb 1 oz. I would like to know if there is a specific range of newborn weight that pertains to Labradors. Thank you!!:)

3 black labs tear up backyard [ 3 Answers ]

Well I have a small chicago backyard--i have 3 black labs that play--they are puppies--they have distroyed the backyard--as it is all mud--they are 9 months old now--still terrible--but should I seed--they like to dig holes in the back also--should I just put gravel out? This might cause problems...

View more questions Search