Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmgirl48166 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 07:50 AM
    I think my very young cat is having problems delivering kitten
    Need advice on helping cat give bith, she's just laying down and conrtracting a pushing for over 12 hrs now, last night around 10pm she had a small bubble sack hanging out and it popped and that was the end of that, Is a kitten stuck in her canal what can I do to help?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2008, 08:06 AM
    After 12 hours, it's definitely time to get to a vet! Cats normally deliver within a few hours of actively starting labor. 12 hours means that the kitten is most likely dead, and is most likely blocking the birth canal. And that is putting any other kittens at risk. You are looking at most likely an emergency c-section if you want to save your kittens. And if that stuck kitten isn't delivered, you are looking at a good chance of losing your mother cat as the kittens die and start to decay, causing serious infection in the mother cat.

So, when the c-section happens, ask the vet to spay the cat. This isn't a cat that should be getting pregnant.
    amandacas350 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 10:03 PM

I have a young cat, first pregnancy. She started labor around 1 pm. She delivered 2 kittens, still born. Around 9:30 she had another kitten that was backwards and dead. What is the likelihood any of the others are still alive or what can I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I ready for the pain of delivering a baby? [ 8 Answers ]

My Husband And I Have Been Married For Six Months. We Were Together For Five Years Before We Got Married. He Is 28 And I Am 25. He Is Ready To Have Children, But I Am Unsure. I Want To Have Kids, But Then I Don't. My Biggest Fear Is The Delivery. I Am Terrified Of It. I Waited To Have Sex...

Kitten eye problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of about 4 houses on my street who care for the feral and wild cats in our neighborhood. Two of my mommas had a total of 8 kittens about 3 weeks ago. About three of them have eye problems where they are gunked shut. Some with one eye and one with both eyes. The eye drops I use to clean...

Kitten suckling young dog [ 7 Answers ]

This is a new one to me since I've never had a kitten before. Our new kitten is 9 weeks old and is suckling our 11 month old retriever. The kitten was young when we got her (6 weeks) and I know she was comforted by the suckling. The dog is not bothered by this, but aside from losing hair on her...

New Kitten Problems [ 1 Answers ]

We just got a new kitten who is about eight weeks old and we are having a couple of problems. The first problem is that it (we're not sure if it's a male or female yet) won't use the litter box. We just have one of the open boxes and about an inch and a half of litter in it. I will put the kitten...

Young kitten with fleas + Pet dust? [ 3 Answers ]

A friend gave me a kitten he rescued the other day. I'm assuming it's about 3-4 weeks old. It has a bad case of fleas and I used some pet dust that I have on it without really thinking. What can the side effects of this be? :confused:

View more questions Search