Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shopman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
    AC/Heater not coming on..
    I got home from a long trip and nothing seems to work. I can't switch on either the AC or the Heat from the thermostat. Cannot get it to turn on from Auto or from On positions.

Help? Any suggestions?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Have you tried shutting the breakers clear off, and then back on again? Sometimes they are off, but don't look like it. Next, check to see if the thermostat is getting power from the transformer in the furnace. Pull the thermostat off the wall. Check for 24 volts between the red wire and a blue one if there is one. If not, with the thermostat not calling for heat, check for the voltage between the red wire and the white. If you don't have voltage, there is a problem with the transformer or the wiring. Sometimes there is a fuse protecting the transformer.

If you have voltage, check again with the thermostat calling for heat. If you still have voltage, the problem is in the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Compressor and fan not coming on [ 3 Answers ]

I have check wiring at condenser unit out side, compresor and fan will come on and work if you push the button in the center of the relay and hold it but it will go off as soon as you release it.

An ex coming back [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy with school and work. For those of you who don't remember, a little while back I was pretty messed up about my girlfriend of 2 years dumping me a little while after she started living at school (even though it was only like an hour...

No water coming at all [ 4 Answers ]

>:( This morning my husband commented to me that the downstairs faucets were acting up. He said yesterday he could only get hot water and then cold. Now the faucets will not even give any water at all. What is causing this? We didn't replace them or anything. The upstairs faucets are fine. ...

Is he coming for good [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been involved with a man for a year now and we both love each other very much. We live together also.He is in Arizona, me Ontario Canada. I was born oct 3/61. He was born Jan 18/61. 2 months ago his best friend was dying of cancer and he left to go to friends side. The friend passed...

View more questions Search