Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david333333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Replacing American Standard shower/tub diverter
    We have a tub/shower with American Standard single handle chrome fixtures. The diverter in the tub spout, which is vertical and operates by pulling up a handle, has come to pieces and needs to be replaced. How do I do this? Can I buy just the diverter and replace it, or do I need to replace the entire spout, which would be a pain?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Sorry but the fix for this is to replace the tub spout. Not a difficult task. Generally there are two types, one that screws on and off and one that slips on and is held in place by a set screw.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Diverter Stem Stuck [ 16 Answers ]

I have a circa 1965 AS Heritage in the wall 3-handle tub/shower fixture. I believe it's a Hertitage Model "N 1012" or N 1020". The diverter works spoaratically - the water flows to the shower, but then abruptly stops. With the diverter arrow pointing down for the tub water flows just fine. The...

American Standard Shower Valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a single lever (actually a rotating knob) American Standard valve. It's stuck so that it doesn't allow any hot water (cold is fine) to pass. Last time this happened (that was about a year ago -- this particlar shower doesn't get used much), the plumber removed the face plate, took out a...

Replacement knobs for American Standard shower [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find replacement knobs for an old American Standard shower? There are two knobs, hot and cold.

Shower Drip - American Standard [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Standard Reliant + shower head that drips. Have replaced the cartridge & still dripping. Actually water is slowly coming out of the pressure balancing unit even when the water line is shut off. Do I need a new pressure balancing unit? What are the check stops for (one on each...

American Standard - dripping from shower head [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with water dripping from my shower head. I have American Standard hardware with a single lever knob (shower only, no tub). I installed a new cartridge 023529-0070A but that has not fixed the problem. My house is only 4 years old. I'm not a skilled DIY type but this...

View more questions Search