Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssjay22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Thigh workout?
    Hey
    OK so does anyone have a good workout for thighs? I work out everyday for at least an hour a day and I still seem to be unhappy with my thighs. Does anyone have a good hard workout that could help my problem?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Something called the "horse stance" which is used in many martial arts technique is very helpful in building rock hard thighs.

Try to hold the stance for 5 minutes for 4 sets.

Also, the frog jump (crouch down and jump as high as you can, then go back down to a crouch) helps work not only thighs but also your calves. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Helps to know more about what you are doing and what exactly you are looking to get out of your workout. What core or lower body work are you doing? What are you unhappy about? Are you trying to tone? Lose fat? Get bigger quads? Firm up your hamstrings? More strength? Endurance? Do you have a gym membership? Weights? Machines available?

Common exercises to strengthen the thighs, and other lower body and core areas are lunges, squats... both with or without weighted resistance depending on your ability and access to weights... walking lunges, for ex, can be quite effective without weights or with dumbbells in hand. Power moves like squats not only work your legs, but also your core (back, abs) and by changing your stance (wide or middle) you can hit the mucles at diff angles.

Leg extension and curls are common for strength and muscle building.

Great you workout everyday, but is it the same routine? Cross training, using different exercises to "confuse" you body, is a great way to keep it guessing and get great results. My partner used to run and run and run. When she changed to running no more than a 1/3 of the time, and worked on pilates and tae bo daily instead, her body cranked in like mad. Instead of the treadmill alone for an hour, I cycle through three to four machines (tread, bike, elliptical/stair combo) at 15-30 min each (varies with machine and workout), and get a better overall workout that doesn't stress my body any one way. I like resistance work, but have thrown in some pilates movements.

So... if all you are doing is running or walking, try stairs one day. Or jumping rope (it's the Devil's Workout... seriously, this is no fun in no time). And other things mentioned above and in Sneezy's post. Explosive jumps and pose positions are both great additions to a "normal" routine needing a change of pace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inner Thigh Rub Rash [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has large legs, though he's not an obese man. He has a continuing problem of a painful rash developing from the rubbing together of the legs. He's tried rash ointment, boxer/brief type underwear, it just doen't seem to help. Is there another solution to this that we have not thought...

Pimple on inner thigh? [ 4 Answers ]

I have this pimple looking thing on my inner thigh, but I don't think it's a pimple. Its basically the color of my skin just a little redder. It also has a littler bump right next to it. I know for a FACT its not an STD. It hurts SOOOO bad when I walk because it rubs against my other leg and it...

Inner Thigh Rash [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago I hooked up with this girl in bed, but did use a condom. Ever since we hooked up I've been having these rashes or bumps that itches around the inner thighs. Could anyone tell me what's going on? Please tell me it isn't an STD. What could help to get rid of these rashes/bumps?

Inner thigh pain [ 0 Answers ]

I wake up at night with sever ripping in my inner thigh

View more questions Search