Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kiet Nguyen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Screen Won't turn on.
    Well have a huge problem which prevent me from playing any games. Well the problem is that, when I turn on my Pc(tower), the fan is working fine, but my Screen doesn't turn on. I use to hear this short beep sound when I turn on my PC but now it takes forever for it to make the sound. The only time my screen turns on is when I hear that short beep sound. Sometimes it could take like hours until I can hear it. When I get on, the computer freeze, or the screen goes black. Everything seem to be fine last Saturday but on Sunday morning it wouldn't work anymore. Any ideas how to fix this problem?
    Right when this happen, I had an idea that the problem would be my video card, so I took out my GF force 7.6k video card (VGA) out and replaced with this really super DUKIE! DUKIE! Ty video card. Then I turned on my computer and then I hear the short beep right away, and it worked fine. So I'm guessing its my video card but I don't want it to be my video card cause VGA video card cause A LOT! Any ideas how to fix this problem?Please don't say it's the video card lol. Any suggestion what the problem is?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Well, if replacing the video card solved the problem, that IS the solution. Sorry. I've replaced the power supply and video card on almost all my computers. They just end up needing it, sorry.
    lisa7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 03:35 AM

Sorry for being the bad news bearer but it is the card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My big screen TV is starting to turn blueish . [ 3 Answers ]

I have a big screen TV projection 56 in the color is starting to turn blueish a bit how can it be fixed?

Laptop Screen won't work [ 1 Answers ]

So I took apart my Toshiba Satellite A70 including the screen. When I put it back together now the backlight will come on but no image will display. If I connect it to an external monitor that works. There in only 1 harness to connect the lcd to the mainboard. This should be simple. All I did was...

After Wiping PC For A Fresh XP Install, The Screen Does Not Turn On? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi There I have a Pentium D 2.8Ghz, 512MB Ram, 40GB HDD computer that I bought from tesco some time ago. My PC suddenly went strange and when you turned it on it would get to the screen where it says: "Start Windows Normally" "Last Known Good Configuration" And the "Safe Mode" options. ...

Blue screen/wont boot to windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC problem that I have been trying to fix for 2 weeks. I have the dreaded blue screen, it says registry error. I can not get it to boot to windows xp. It just keeps starting all over. Counting down, and starting all over. Safe mode won't work either. I did that 3 hour check and it...

View more questions Search