Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    go4aride Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Remote Control Ceiling Fan wiring for a double wall switch
    I purchased a Hunter remote control ceiling fan.

I've replaced fixtures before in my home, so I thought this would be a no brainer. Well the remote thing has me stumped.

House is pre-wired with a double wall switch, one with a dial control for the fan, the other switch is for a wall outlet for plug in light.

The wiring from the ceiling is Black, White, Copper. The Fan has Black, White, Green.

I wired Black to Black, White to White, Copper to Green.

No power. Now what? Could my wall switch be bad.

By the way the fuze didn't blow so, I think I'm doing it right.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Hold on for a minute.

What wires do you have in the ceiling? What wires are going to the switch(es) from the ceiling.

That's the most important information for right now.

Thanks
    go4aride Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 06:46 AM
    I'm not sure how to answer you.

I have a Black, White and Ground in the ceiling.

Do I need to look at the wall switch?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Please.

I suspect that you will find a black wire to the bottom of the switch. A black from the top of the switch to the ceiling. The white may be by-passing the switch and continuing on to the ceiling.

If that's what you find, then the black from the switch will connect to the black for the fan and the blue for the light. White to white and bare ground to bare ground.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 10:18 PM
    Remove the dial control for the fan and replace it with an on-off switch. If it hasn't already done any permanent damage it should then work.
    cassie0508 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 06:05 AM
    We have remote control socket,remote control wall switch,it is easy to use,energy saving,make your life easier.welcome to our website:www.pioneerremotecontrol.com for more information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote Control Ceiling Fan to Hardwire Switch [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ~ I just bought a Harbor Breeze 52” Avian Ceiling Fan (Model #75849) from Lowe's. Unfortunately, this model comes with a remote control function and I need to hardwire it. The sales representative convinced me that all I need to do is to throw away the ceiling fan remote control and receiver...

Wiring for DUAL wall switch to control Ceiling Fan and Light Separately [ 20 Answers ]

Greetings. I recently bought a new ceiling fan and light kit to replace one that had been in my sun porch for over 20 years. A dual wall switch was always used to control the light and fan separately on the older fan. The fan speeds were controlled by pull chain. Before I took the old fan down, I...

Installing Wall-Mounted Remote Control - Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everybody: I am new to this board and hope there is somebody around this Memorial Day Weekend who can help. I just bought a Modern Fan Company Aurora Hugger ceiling fan and am trying to install it. This fan has no pull cords and operates on a remote that is tucked into the fan housing....

Wiring Remote Controlled fan to Three-Way Wall Switch [ 23 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of Hunter ceiling fans which came with remotes. I didn't realize this at the time, but supposedly you can't hard-wire the fans to three-way wall switches because they came with remotes. The problem with this is we have to fumble for the remote every time we go to our...

Hamilton ceiling fan remote and wall control [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a hamilton bay ceiling fan equipped with a remote, Can I also install a Wall control unit to work with the remote? Are they compatible? Can they both be used with the same fan at the same time? (as long as they are on the same frequency?)

View more questions Search