Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burd123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Comon Law, Ontario
    How long must I live with a person in order to have the same rights as a legally marred person.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 03:09 PM
    These are what I found looking it up
    You have to live together for one straight year and assets and liabilities and that you live together in a physical dwelling. Other evidence required are joint bank statements, joint ownership of a home (or joint leases), joint utilities and joint management of household expenses, among other things.

Canada makes a distinction between a common law partner and a conjugal partner.
    You have to check with your providence because they vary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SOL in Ontario [ 16 Answers ]

In 1995 I took out a personal loan with a bank which was actually money for a small business I was running (not smart I know now). The company ceased operations that year and believe me I was not sitting on a pile of money. In other words, I had no way to repay the debt. In 1999 the bank got a...

SOL ontario [ 2 Answers ]

What constitutes default for sol ? On a credit card debt ? Last payment ? Or when it is assigned to collection ?

What are my rights in a comon law relationship in Ontario as pertaining to our home? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a common law relationship for 7 years. We have a son. My partner has a son by a previous marriage. He is divorced. We may separate. Our home is in his name and his sons. What are my rights within Family Law in Ontario? He makes 2x my salary. Does he have to support our son? HELP! If...

What to do in ontario? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dated a girl in 1997-98, during which time she became pregnant.She told me she was on birth control, but forgot to get it filled! Was with her for 3/3 1/2 months of pregnancy.(but a year in total) At...

View more questions Search