Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colinhunt01429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Satellite TV Reception
    I plugged a Sony PS 2 into the TV but it would not work so I tried to tune the TV to get the PS signal, in doing so I have managed to stop the TV receiving the satellite signal even though I never touched the TV AV butoon, how do I retune it
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 05:13 AM
    You can re-tune the satellite receiver output frequency also. There should be a trim facility to change the frequency to your TV's new receiving frequency. Check the operation manual. Often there is a note at the rear panel of the sat receiver with a tiny adjustment screw. Or change one of the empty TV channel frequencies to that of the sat receiver.

Success !
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Stop, do not re-tune any thing.

Do you have more than one connection points do you have on your TV?

Leave the satellite connection alone. Place the PS2 to an empty connection on your TV. There is usually one on the front of the TV. Power the Satellite off and on to reset it. Also power the TV off and then on to re-set it.

If you want to use the PS2, use the "INPUT" selector to find the port where the PS2 is connected and play-away to your heart's content.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 04:35 PM
    See where the cable(s) go from the Sat out to the TV, May be Coax and be Ch 3 or 4.
    I agree with not tuning anything, More likely a button pushed or a Menu setting.
    How did you Tune your Sat Receiver?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cable reception of UHF channels [ 2 Answers ]

I can't get the Oxygen network (here it's channel 67) on my Comcast cable--my TV is a 2004 Sony--what is my problem? Mary

Reception [ 6 Answers ]

If you are married already, but you want to now have a reception to celebrate your wedding, does the bride have flower girls and a maid of honour?

View more questions Search