Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    packer04 Posts: 105, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Is just chemistry important in a relationship or other qualities?
    The people I work with were talking about this today. When meeting the one should both the man and the woman have chemistry and some compatibility with each other? Some of my friends say the chemistry will come, but I don't know about that. There are so many qualities that someone should have-chemistry,personality,looks,job,money,compatible,s exual,etc. So what should be important to women and men. People say your'e suppose to get that feeling that this is the one-the soulmate. And I want that feeling, but I don't want to settle but I don't want to be too picky(especially at 48)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 11:59 PM
    I'm not too far behind you in age, so I can relate. I really don't believe in the whole soul mate hype really. I believe you definitely need some chemistry between you, and a good understanding of what you are looking for. There is much more beyond the chemistry.

At this age we need to consider the person's past history. Was he/she a cheater? Was he/she trustworthy in prior relationships? How many relationships has he/she had, and why did they end. Was there any verbal/physical abuse etc. You need to figure children into the mix with most men at this age too! If you are looking for a money maker, you best find out how much is given to his/her children, and or an ex wife. A lot of other things could come into play also.

I would not exclude physical, sexual, or mental compatibility, but I wouldn't base a relationship strickly on that. Do you enjoy doing the same things? Not a deal breaker if he likes golf and she likes to stay home and do what she likes to do, unless if it is something that is on your list of things you won't consider.

Although, I would also like to add, that some gorgeous men/women, can turn out to be really ugly looking, because of their personalities and beliefs, and just the same, some men/women can be the most beautiful people on the inside, and get better looking as time goes by.

To me, TRUST AND RESPECT are at the very top of my list, above anything else.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have the chemistry.he doesn't want relationship.is there any hope that'll change [ 26 Answers ]

So I was in a serious relationship that ended six months ago... since it ended, I've taken the opportunity to date... A LOT. I've met a lot of interesting guys, some weird, some seemingly normal but no chemistry etc. I met this guy about a month ago... we talked quite a bit before we actually...

What is important in relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years to a wonderful man.One day I was on a chat line talking to another guy and then started talking to this guy on the phone.I told my husband that I was going to leave him for this other guy.:confused: 6 months my husband sleeped with my sister.So I thought that I...

How important is sex to a relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost a year now. We live together, and things between us are wonderful. We make each other laugh, constantly, and enjoy a lot of the same things. We are very open when things are bothering us, and communicate beautifully. There is a perfect balance of give...

Relationship between chemistry and nursing [ 1 Answers ]

How is chemistry related to nursing?

Important weekend for my relationship with my girlfriend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I never thought I would be doing this, but I'm kind of stuck in a situation and thought this might me the best unbiased opinion other than the usual friends and parents opinion. I have an important weekend coming up that has kind of sprung up on me. I have been with my girlfriend...

View more questions Search