Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellygalindo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Check engine light
    My daughter has a 2001 Nissan Altima and her service engine light just came on today. I took it to Auto Zone and they diagnosed this with the troubleshooting code of P0420
    OEM Brand: OBDII Catalyst efficiency low-bank 1.

What causes this and how is this fixed. I would like some kind of idea before I take it to a dealership or somewhere else... you know being a woman they will try to screw me over and tell me there is more wrong with it than there really is...

Thanks
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
    I found this site that may help: Check Engine, Service Engine Soon light, OBD II engine trouble codes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check Engine Light and Oil Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1995 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and both my check engine light and oil light are coming on. The car started over heating so I checked the radiator coolant and that was fine. I also checked the oil and that was full. A few days later the oil light started coming on and now the check engine light is on. ...

Where do you find the plug in to check the check engine light [ 16 Answers ]

I am trying to find the plug in where you plug in the computer to check the check engine light it a 1992 civic can anyone tell me where it located at and if you have picture that would be great thanks if you could tell me the color of the plug in and how many pin in it that would help me in finding...

Check engine light [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the Top oxygen sensor, the one that the meter told me was bad and the light went out. My mechanic told me to drive for 150 miles to reset the codes and after 130 miles the light came back on. What gives? PS: it is a 1999 Kia Sephia.

Check engine light on [ 3 Answers ]

I brought my toyota solara 2002 to the dealer for diagnosis "check engine light on". The dealer suggested to change the canister that worth $ 300 bucks! I did try to change the canister cap but in a few days the warning light popped again. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

View more questions Search