Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Should I try it
    Over the years I have tried Nair as an alternative to shaving every freakin day. It gets rid of the hair but I am VERY VERY allergic to it. Whenever I have used it I would end up with big red bumps everywhere. So as a result I don't use it.

I have seen this new stuff called veet I've been wanting to try it but I'm afriad that my skin will react to it the same way as it does when I use nair. What do you guys think ? Should I give veet a try?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
    If you are using scented NAIR your allergic reaction could be to the perfumes.
    I would try an unscented VEET and see what happens.
    -

Jun 21, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I've used unscented nair and I STILL had an allergic reaction that's why I'm so worried about using VEET
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 05:35 PM
    I'd find out what's in Veet and compare it to the ingredients in nair. If they are similar then don't try it, if they arent' then try it on a very small section before applying it to every place you want hair free.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Yeah read the label on each
    Especially the active ingredients.
    kellyrocks Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
    I haven't use veet yet. But which nair 1 did u get?
    Cattie999 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
    In the UK Nair and Veet are the same company.
    One took over the other.
    So I presume it's preety much exactly the same stuff.
    X
    -

Jun 29, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattie999
    In the UK Nair and Veet are the same company.
    One took over the other.
    So I presume it's preety much exactly the same stuff.
    x
    crap if it's the same case in the US then you r probably right I guess ill just stick to razors
    itzy903 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Yeah why don't u just start using razors, yeah you risk bumps nicks and cuts but they're less noticeable than an allergic reaction! Plus you don't get them each time. And you can always skip a day or 2, use disposible, or a good razor.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
    I have sensitive skin. I've used nair and veet, and all I remember is their horrible chemical smell, feeling really itchy with it on, and then pretty lame results. I have very little hair on arms and legs, naturally, and whatever is there is extremely fine. I was thinking that if these products didn't work well for me, I can't imagine what they would do to someone with normal or naturally coarser hair. I was also terrified that I was going to accidentally touch my head or eyebrows, causing my hair to disintegrate in the shower. :)

Waxing is a much better alternative. Personally, I don't find it to be very painful at all. The best thing to do is to find someone who really knows what they're doing. You can even wait weeks before having to do it again.

I recently bought some venus razors that make shaving incredibly fast and easy. I've been using regular venus razors for years, and they're amazing because I've never ever nicked myself with one. I bought some refill cartridges with "built in shave gel bars" (or something like that), and they work amazingly well, even without using any shave gel at all. You might really like them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 06:16 PM
    I usually shave or wax my legs and eyebrows, but the upper lip, it's nair all the way. Waxing leaves little red bumps, they sometimes last for days, not good on the upper lip. ;)

I have heard that sugaring is great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search