Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 18, 2008, 05:47 PM
    An interesting chioce, the power to change, but should you?
    Imagine this...

YOu are a regular person, with no speckle affinities, or abilities, but you also know you have the power to change... First question, Change what? Change your life, the life around you, and the life that you are apart of. Ok, so what does this entail? What kind of changes will you make? How will these changes affect the life around you? What is needed for the change, and is it worth it? Yes, we all have this ability, but should we use it?

Lets say now, that you know the cure for Cancer. YOu can save trillions of lives! But, one of those very lives you save becomes an even more horrific being than even hitler, the unibomber, Osama, George Bush, and any various other terrors, put together. SO this person you have saved kills Quadrillions, or Quintillions of people. Was it wright or wrong to save those lives? Life needs balance, and as cold hearted, and harsh as this sounds, people need to die to keep the balance. What do you say? (Yes, A am aware that the cycle is continuous. So millions will be born to fill the place of those lost.)

Now lets say we are destroying our planet, though we are not. We are; however, speeding up the precoces of the climate change, which may prove fatal to our race and many many others, but the planet will continue on. If to save the planet we must die, then may it be, for there may be others to take our place. So back to the beginning, we are killing our planet, do we try to build a ship or such device as to transport us to another planet one that is healthy and lively? Or do we accept that we killed our home, and thus should do the honorable thing and go with it? Should our race go on??

I am curious to hear what you have to say, regardless of your point, if you feel all humans should die, so be it, if you feel all humans should be free to choose for themselves, so be it. If you feel some should be spared, and some left for death, so be it. I'm not Neutral, for that truly is heartless, and careless. I am a firm believer in balance, but that is something that comes from with in us, and is natural. It encourages empathy, understanding, and unity, but not with out the realization that all is one, and one is all. So we are individuals, but we are all apart of a much larger whole. Peace and love be with you brothers, and sister.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 02:52 AM
    From how I see it,if a person needs help surviving an illness, those in the know should be helping him/her.

To go out and knowingly kill a person without legal need as a punishment for a crime is not right but to kill in defense in the time of war is necessary.

Now say I knew the cure for cancer and I helped cure a person or I know a way to help a person stop from committing suicide it is my duty to help that person.
    If the person once cured does wrong and commit atrocities,I am not responsible for them as it was his/her choice to act that way.

If I see someone in need on the street begging for money,I give him/her the money and that person goes out and buys poison to kill oneself or another,I am not responsible because I cannot predict the future or know the thoughts of another.

As a human being it is my duty to help another in need,if an injustice is being committed I have to try and help in anyway I could,if I am unable to stop it in deed or word then in my heart I will hate the act of injustice being committed .

And I don't believe we are actually changing something that would not have happened,say for example I help someone with something,that does not mean that I will not have to face my troubles in life,it will happen no matter what I do.
    The stormy weather predicted or not will happen tomorrow or the next day and I might suffer in it,which does not mean that I am not doing good or the good I had done is not counted.

On a side note I would like to say,that I am a believer in destiny and also having free will to make our own choices.What happens to us on the path of life I believe is destiny but what we do with each incident is the free will we practice.

EDIT::;;
    Regarding the demise of our planet-
    I believe as it had a beginning and it will have an end.

It was not the present generation who actually made the planet become what it is now,it has been happening for a while.
    Many farming communities of long ago has been deforesting and then when they cannot farm anymore have moved onto new areas and once the water there has dried up they move on again.
    And to add to that all the new chemicals and such being used by newer generations are helping with the climate change of the earth not to mention the increase in human population.
    It is an inevitable end and one I believe had been predicted.
    Each of us can help keep the environment we live in clean and safe from harmful substances but this I believe does not mean that this earth will survive forever or that the human race will be here forever.

Remember when you read my answer it is related to my personal beliefs.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 22, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Indeed you are correct, And yet there are always other paths on which we or others shall travel, not to say they are any less or more, right or wrong, they simply are. No one can say that any one is wrong, for who are they to say what one's feelings and thoughts are, that become action. We can empathise with others, but we can't be others. That's the hard and sad part. So many ways, but what path to follow, best to keep to our own, and help where we feel is needed, and leave out those who we feel we can't or know simply won't help themselves.

Thank you for your input, it was very enlightening. Peace be with you my friend.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Peace be with you too..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interesting IUD [ 22 Answers ]

Okay so here I am sitting at the comp trying not to get sick as my stomach is rolling... I have been doing some research on my merina IUD recently and what I've found makes me seriously worry about my birth control choice. Now my worry may be for nothing. Anyway, let me start at the beginning. I...

More interesting than God [ 36 Answers ]

Every time I get involved in the debates that erupt here between the atheists and the theists, I end up feeling bemused by the fact that so much attention is focused on the question of whether "God" exists. It's been done to death. I'm more interested in the question of whether there exists a...

Wishing to Change Decision Making Power in Joint Custody Agreement. [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have a joint custody agreement (60:40, me:him) that includes 50/50 decision making power in regard to medical care, education, and religion. When we were married we usually agreed about everything related to parenting and care for the kids. My ex-husband has remarried and now...

Interesting observations from others. [ 43 Answers ]

My wife went to this program for new mothers. They have a nurse, dentist, teacher and other programs that they talk about different things. Well the nurse tried to tell my wife it is too early for our boy to say mama. He has being saying mama for the last couple of weeks now. He is a little...

View more questions Search