Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Datkins-meadows Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Wiring for Lincoln Mig Welder
    How do I do the wiring for 230 volt Lincoln Mig Welder?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Go to Lincoln's web site and download the manual for your welder model. Most include specific instructions for wiring, grounding, and mitigating EMI/RF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring my new welder [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my new mig welder that runs 220V/20A input, current type-single. In my garage I have outlet for 220 which I use for arc welder that has three wire two hot and one for ground. New welder came without plug on it but it also has three wire (white, black and green). I connected new plug...

Wiring my new welder [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my new mig welder that runs 220V/20A input, current type-single. In my garage I have outlet for 220 which I use for arc welder that has three wire two hot and one for ground. New welder came without plug on it but it also has three wire (white, black and green). I connected new plug...

220 wiring for an arc welder [ 6 Answers ]

I want to hook up a 220v arc welder. I have a 50 amp double pole breaker. The outlet is going to be placed within 6 feet of my breaker box. I believe I have to use 3 wire romex with a bare ground wire. Is this correct? Next, do I connect the black wire to one side of my breaker, the red to the...

Wiring an outlet for a welder [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of setting up my new welder. The box that I had installed by an electrician has 4 wires, black, red, white and bare. My welder has a three prong plug as does the new outlet that I just bought. Which wire goes to the ground prong of the outlet, white or bare? Do I ignore the...

Wiring an outlet for 230V welder? [ 7 Answers ]

My building is 3 phase. How do I go about wiring a 230V receptacle? (1 phase) It is the Hobart 187 Mig. Do I need to put a brand new circuit in and wire in a new receptacle? The 3 phase/1phase has me confused. I bought the building off my uncle. He said there is a 220v outlet in here but he pulled...

View more questions Search