Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Jun 18, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Unable to use paste operation in received HTM mail in Outlook
    Hi,

I have received a HTML mail in outlook 2003.
    There is a text box in the mail and I am unable to paste anything inside it. I need this badly.
    There is no paste option on right click. The only options available are select all and view source. There are some other options grayed out, but paste is not present.

I am aware that outlook does not offer paste function in HTML mails that are received as a concern for security. But can you tell me if there is a way out for this?
    Is there some way I can enable the paste for the textbox?

Thanks!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 10:54 AM
    You can't edit an email you received.

If you REPLY and the content from the original email is included in the reply, you may be able to do what you want.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2008, 10:59 AM
    What is this e-mail? Are you trying to reply to it and fill it out like a form?

Jun 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Exactly.. it is a form with an approve and reject button and a textbox. I need to approve but I have to paste something's in the textbox on the form before I do that.
    Thanks. This is kind of urgent!

Jun 18, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I don't have to reply to the mail. I have to send the mail itself by clicking on the approve button in the mail. If I do a reply, then certainly the paste comes, but then the textbox and all disappear!
    Software Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Try saving the email onto your desktop with an html extension, then opening the saved file with a regular old web browser. I've had luck with this trick in the past.

Jun 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
    That's a good catch jbeaucaire. Thanks. It works that way. But isn't there any way to enable it on the mail itself? Because I can't do this for every approval mail I get! I would be so hectic.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Can you just type in the box? Have you discussed this with the sender?

Jun 18, 2008, 05:55 PM
    I hve and there is a need to paste contents in to the box, that's the big reason I have raised this question :-) any idea how it can be done?
    Software Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 06:02 PM
    In this situation, the sender is going to have to help you. They are writing the code that is driving the email html form and there could be a million errors in the code alone that could be causing your problem. I'd be surprised to hear you are the first person to ask them for help troubleshooting it.

Also, most ISPs have a webmail interface. Can you read these emails online and does it function any better out there instead of in your local email program?

Jun 18, 2008, 06:07 PM
    The code is in dotnet and the mail when saved in html format, works perfectly well. But I don't want to save it,I need to directly work on the one I receive. I read somewhere that this is purposely done for security reasons in outlook. Can we not enable it somehow ?
    Software Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 09:54 PM
    I dug through all of my Outlook settings and could find nothing. What did the sender say when you asked them about this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to delete rules in Outlook 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

While trying to create some rules in Outlook 2003, I somehow created rules that refer to Microsoft Exchange. I use this computer at home and how never had any dealings with Microsoft Exchange. When I attempt to edit or delete these rules, the edit/delete buttons are greyed out and I can't do...

Unable to print e-mail I am using oe6 [ 1 Answers ]

Unable to print e-mail I am using oe6

Copy & paste photos in Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had to change from Eudora to Outlook Express as a mail program. Now,in outlook Express when I try to copy and paste any photos, I get a box with a red X in the upper right corner of the box when I send the message. Can't Outlook Express copy and paste Photos?

View more questions Search