Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xkelse Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Do you need to know how to read sheet music to attend Camp Jam?
    I was just wondering if you need to know how to read music to attend the camp? Is it okay if you normally just use tabs?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Where is the one located that you are wanting to attend, please? I see a number of them listed on the Internet.

If it's like most music camps that I have attended where you will be receiving instruction, I would think that they would place people in groups according to their individual ability and knowledge. As such, I think that if you normally just use tabs, it would be okay.

But, there may be certain requirements for the one that you might want to attend. So, it would help to know where it is located.

Thanks!
    xkelse Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Where is the one located that you are wanting to attend, please? I see a number of them listed on the Internet.

If it's like most music camps that I have attended where you will be receiving instruction, I would think that they would place people in groups according to their individual ability and knowledge. As such, I think that if you normally just use tabs, it would be okay.

But, there may be certain requirements for the one that you might want to attend. So, it would help to know where it is located.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help! The camp is in Cleveland
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 02:33 AM
    What is quoted below, I found on the following site. Camp Jam - Cleveland - MySummerCamps.com

So, the camp would seem to be for a number of different age and skill levels with opportunities for all to learn new things that will help them to grow, musically.

As such, I don't think that you have to worry about being able to read music. They will accept you and work with you wherever you are at in your musical development. Just being able to read tabs should be just fine with them!

If you go, I hope that you have a great time! :)

Our unique program is designed by professional musicians for aspiring musicians who want to develop their musical potential, learn about being in a rock band and have fun doing it.

It's a rock 'n' roll experience like no other! In a relaxed, fun learning environment you will develop your musical skills and be grouped with other musicians to form a band. Camp Jam's strong roots in the music industry give aspiring musicians an outstanding opportunity to maximize individual potential and develop an understanding of the steps necessary for future success.

Whether you're a beginner or an accomplished player, Camp Jam has a program for you. 2 programs are available (11-17 year olds) and KIDZ (7-10 year olds) Each day is planned with time to learn, time to practice, and time for fun.

Camp Jam not only gives you the chance to perfect your skills but experience actually being in a rock band. The program stresses individuality as an artist and also includes team building fundamentals to develop confidence and stage presence.
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Hey xkelse!

If you go to the camp, I would appreciate knowing what went on there and how you felt about it. Okay?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After boot camp [ 19 Answers ]

I am joining the Air Force in August of 09, and I want to know what it is like to live in the dorms after boot camp and a way from you parents, what was it like for you

Connest two sheets like I have counts in sheet 1 and want total in sheet 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Connest two sheets like I have counts in sheet 1 and want total in sheet 2 .

Sheet Music [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody could help me find sheet music. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find sheet music for The Archies (Sugar Sugar). The reason why I am looking for sheet music I would like to be able to play this song. But if I do not know where to find sheet music for...

I need help purchasing sheet music for choir [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find some sheet music for my choir by regina spektor. I am having difficulties finding some. I would prefer the song 'all the rowboats'. Can you help? Thanks blusia:confused:

View more questions Search