Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 02:09 AM
    Painful menstration with sickness
    I am 43 years old. My periods are regular. However, over the past 18 months I have had 3 periods where, for 1 hour each time, I have been in absolute agony, boiling hot, and been sick. Has anyone else had this, and is there anything that can be done about it?
    cowgirlupmay23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 07:05 AM
    I go through this as well. I will be 40 in May. My doctor says it is early menopause symptoms. You may want to see a doctor. The meds help but, I refuse to take them because they are steroids. Good luck!
    Jacky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 01:39 AM
    I am going to see the doctor this morning. A friend said she went through this, and had a Marina coil fitted. She said it was the best thing she has ever done, and does not have periods at all now. I am going to discuss this with my doctor today.
    Jacky
    recmural Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Hi,
    I'll be 42 and I am having same symptoms as you do.
    Only difference is I have them for last 30 years more or less. As far as I know the issue changes in period after 40 are quite common. After all, we are coming towards menopause. I don't know what you will do, but losing menstruation means you are in menopause. What can be even worse than those 1 hour cramps. By the way I am from Europe where practice what to do most probably differ from States.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful underarm lumps [ 17 Answers ]

Good morning. I am a 41-year-old woman. My mother had cancer in her left breast and died of widespread metastatic bone cancer last year. I am religious with getting my annual physicals and mammograms and just had both in February. I am trying not to be paranoid however… A few weeks ago I noticed...

Painful intercourse [ 7 Answers ]

I've been experiencing severe pain during intercourse. I saw my GYN and she did not see anything wrong except a bacterial infection which has since been treated. I also had full STD tests taken and everything was negative. If I feel the interior wall of my vagina, there seems to be a bump where...

How to discuss menstration [ 4 Answers ]

How do I begin to discuss menstruation with my 9 year old daughter?

Menstration [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I get my period, it is very long. It is so long that sometime I thought I have period 2 times in a month. I barely get a break between my period. Does anybody know if that is abnormal or not? Can you tell me?

View more questions Search