Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 17, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Hey guys,
    Today was a tough day for me... As many of you know, I am in high school. I have 3 of 4 classes with my ex. So NC is not a possibility, although sometimes I wish it were. Like today for example.

There is a guy in her cooking class who I think she likes. I was talking to her, and came up. They practically flirted with each other RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! This guy that she may like is also one of my good friends. Even though we were friends, I felt like standing up, and kicking him down, and punching him out (no action will EVER be taken, I have good self control).

I have always taken break ups well, and I am good friends with most of my exes, because I continue a friendship with them after we date. So, I am not going to tell this friend something like, "stay away from her" or anything like that. If he will make her happy, then I can accept it, although I know I am better for her.

Anyway, summer break starts today. School is over (exept for a few exams). So, from what I know, she will not be seeing this guy anymore. And, I have the option to bring on NC with her, although I don't think I want to. I still want her friendship, like most of my other exes, and it doesn't kill me to see her anymore.
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Jun 17, 2008, 01:54 PM
    bigbird, those are words of wisdom. I really don't expect to get back with her because of the person that she is. I know she is playing mind games and trying to use every opportunity to stick a knife in my heart. I think I know what my answer is.
    I know what my answer should be which is thatI don't think I will be wishing her a happy birthday, even though it's a small gesture, we all know that there is more to it than its face value. The only problem is getting myself to actually go through it.

I've been this strong for over a month and a half with NC and I don't want to stroke her ego by wishing her a happy birthday knowing that I still care.

Jun 17, 2008, 01:58 PM
    And a bit of a story (I know, he has more to say? lol) if you guys are willing to read this.

The guy she dumped for me became suicidal after their break up. After he found out she was going wth me, he made an attempt on his life. He failed. The is one of the reasons she broke up with me. Another reason is because she will have no time for me, and she is going out west (BC) for 4 weeks. So, she says she didn't want to get into a relationship when she is going to be away for a month in a little while.

Anyway, she is going out with this suicidal ex again. She says she doesn't like him anymore (why she dumped him), and her plan is to get him to dump her, so that she can get away.

She leaves me with this little hope that after her trip, and if she can get her crazy suicidal b/f to break up with her, that we can get back together. That is one of the reasons I still want to hang around her.

Some of you may say I'm crazy to wait, but I am going to wait. My minds made up, and as much emotional distress this may cause, I am willing to go through it for her. Maybe she will never come back, but I can hope. So, go ahead, and tell me I'm crazy, I don't care. All I know is I want this girl back, and I may have a chance.

She still shows signs that she likes me though. She wants to go to the local theme park with me (once I get my seasons pass) and she wants me to volunteer with her. She also wants to help me study for a class that I am taking out of high school. So maybe she still likes me. There is that hope. That hope makes me happy.

Somebody said a while back in this thread (sorry I can't give credit, maybe somebody can help) that being the dumpee is like being dumped twice. I hope she comes back, because that feeling of FINALLY being let go may come soon, if we don't get back together. Crap, I am in for a roller coaster ride, aren't I. BRING IT ON! Just give me what I want in the end (the girl). I will be here on those days when I take it hard. I know it is not NC, and that it is a little off topic (for this thread), but can I trust you guys to support me, and keep me going?
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Lol it was me who said about begin dumped twice my good man

Jun 17, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Well, that is too true. I hope I don't get dumped a second time.

And by the way, I love U2 too. I'm actually listening to 'staring at the sun' right now. Favourite song ever is 'Sunday Bloody Sunday.' Never really got into the zooropa album though...

Jun 17, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Don't get me wrong zooropa isn't my fave album but it's the only one I know of with a cool sounding name lol

I think who's going to ride your wild horses is a perfect break up song or with or without you.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jun 17, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Well bad luck strikes again...

Not by my own choice, but I came across information about my ex. Once again I was hit with the flushed face, the shaking and the knot in my stomach. I saw something about her leaving at 2:15 AM and "going to miss you guys (her sisters) and will call because she is sure she will be bored". REALLY eating at me wanting to know where she is going, who she is with and what they are doing. I won't dig for details because I know better, but the temptation is killing me...

In reality, she could be with her friends, no guys. I don't know anything, and I don't want to find out.

Can anyone explain why, even though I don't want her to be miserable, it kills me to think of her being happy. Its like when she is happy she isn't thinking about me even one ounce. That hurts, I guess because I feel left behind thinking about her still...

As I delay posting this, I can feel myself evening out, but it still sucks. I'm not sure if it's a fair statement that she is SO happy and not thinking about me anymore, but it hurts to think that might possibly be true.

Jun 17, 2008, 04:37 PM
    The worse thing about being the dumpee is that we never get the chance to move as fast as the dumper does. Now I don't know why or how they are able to move on so fast cause in theory if they loved you then they should be feeling hurt as well, right?

I guess its to do with two things, first is they knew what they were doing, so that means they must have thought about it for a while and so they don't get that shock treatment that the dumpee has to endure.

Another thing is the control, the dumper holds all the cards, the dumpee has nothing but no contact on their side and its really not a good place to be.

Maybe are exs are happy without us, I know mine certainly seems to act like it and tells me about it. The truth is there is nothing we can do and so the only thing we can do is keep going, try and make the best possible life for ourselves and hope that there is better to come.

And bigbird, its best not knowing where she is, would you rather not know or would you rather know that she's out with some other guy? Personally I think ignorance is bless. That way the only thing our exs are doing is what we make up in our own minds.
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

Jun 17, 2008, 04:40 PM
    God, almost 3 months post break-up and things are really starting to clear up in my head. Meaning I'm really starting to see my past relationship through unfiltered eyes.

Funny story. My ex (the same ex) broke up last summer a couple of weeks after his b-day. I hadn't bought him a b-day present because we were still shopping for it so since we broke he never wound up getting it. We broke up for 2 months over the summer then got back together. My b-day rolled around then, and guess what? He didn't buy me present because he was mad I had never gotten him a b-day present. Fast forward 6 months, and he walks out on our relationship again. Yet still wants to be friends and doesn't want me to be angry with him.

So, yes, let's get this straight! He has a right to be mad at me because I didn't buy him a lousy b-day present but I don't have a right to be mad and never speak to him again because he broke up with me... TWICE! Too funny. What the F was I thinking being with him?

Ah, its all so clear now!

Jun 17, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Its funny how someone we once loved or was happy being around can become the person that causes you so much pain simply by thinking about them.

Love is cruel

Jun 17, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the input zoo,

I know ignorance is bliss, and I honestly had no intentions of finding that out, its just funny because now I want to know more. NOT Going to HAPPEN.

I guess I'm just going to stay off the damn thing for good. I thought I was good as I deleted her as a friend, but I guess I was wrong. Stupid Facebook.

I've calmed down a little. She could be doing any number of things, so why should I assume that she is out with a guy. Who knows what the truth is, and I don't want to know. The less I know the better.

Jun 17, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Lol get this big bird, my ex told me she was going on a hot date tonight so I was all upset and angry, you know the usuall stuff.

So I decided to go out a drive to clear my head, go into my exs workplace to buy a drink and low and behold she's working there lol.

Not only did it make me feel good that she must have been lying but I also happened to have a girl - friend with me whom I know my ex is jealous off.

Dam it was a good ego boost when I needed it lol she nearly broke her neck watching us.

Jun 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Yep, it all sucks...

At least I know now that I will be feeling fine fairly soon. It won't talk long to stop thinking about this and get back to normal. Just sucks to have the most graphic, worst case scenarios running through my head.

Almost makes you feel insane because you imagine things which you know have no factual basis and almost no imaginary basis either...

Jun 17, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Yep, it all sucks...

At least i know now that I will be feeling fine fairly soon. It won't talk long to stop thinking about this and get back to normal. Just sucks to have the most graphic, worst case scenarios running through my head.

Almost makes you feel insane because you imagine things which you know have no factual basis and almost no imaginary basis either....
    Ahhh but here's the good news, all those graphic worst case things are more than likely not happening at all, that's where you can take comfort in that.

Although most of my worst case scenarios seem to be coming true lol

Jun 17, 2008, 04:59 PM
    You know what it is...

It's the fact that after being in a relationship for so long, things sort of became routine. For example, I'd go over to hang out and she wouldn't spend a lot of time making sure she looked great, doing her hair, doing her makeup, etc, etc... (which is understandable)

It hurts to think that now that she is single she is doing that, even though I am doing the same by working out like crazy, dressing nicer, eating healhtier, etc...

Almost makes you feel like you weren't worth it, which isn't true...

Anyway, enough of this "pity pot" talk. Onward and upward

Jun 17, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Not only do they start looking better but they start being flirty again, like they were with you at the start but then it wore off cause you got used to each other after a while.

But like you said, enuff of this self pity nonsense, time to move on
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 17, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Damn..

summer is here~ I have no plans =/

Most likely I'll be working or enlisting in the Army for training..

I have no idea yet D:~

holy sh*t... I just want to pick up my cellphone & call my ex =/

it's just.... so frustrating

Jun 17, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zooropa1985
    lol get this big bird, my ex told me she was goin on a hot date 2nite so i was all upset and angry, you know the usuall stuff.

so i decided to go out a drive to clear my head, go into my exs workplace to buy a drink and low and behold shes workin there lol.

not only did it make me feel good that she must have been lying but i also happened to have a girl - friend with me whom i know my ex is jealous off.

dam it was a gd ego boost when i needed it lol she nearly broke her neck watching us.
    HAHA! YEAH ZOO

And don't take what I am about to say offensive, but your ex sounds like a really nice person. She told you that she had a "hot" date, just to make you jealous... That is a real low thing to do. Was it her that broke up with you? If it was, then wow, be happy you got rid of her.

Did you make your ex serve you the drinks? LOL
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Now I am usually a pretty calm and cool guy, and I don't usually swear but %^#&$#@!&$&^$&^$#!&$&^$!&@$&^$!! Today was the official 4 year anniversary day...

She texts me "Happy Anniversary :) "... Who the hell does that?? Common now that's cruel. I don't respond.

And than she texts me later on in the day, "we should get together in a few weeks". I say why, and I meant it as in why what's the point, (should have said nothing I know) I guess she miss reads that and thinks I mean why in three weeks. She says "This weekend I am going to see the guys from Cuba, next weekend I have a friend coming to stay with me and then to a guys camp the next weekend... Can she really be this naïve and stupid??

Seriously, I have done mostly no contact, but if any of you need a reason as to why you go full no contact there you go. I say why and that's what I get. Good riddance.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    Now I am usually a pretty calm and cool guy, and I don't usually swear but %^#&$#@!&$&^$&^$#!&$&^$!&@$&^$!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was the official 4 year anniversary day....

She texts me "Happy Anniversary :) ".... Who the hell does that??? Common now thats cruel. I don't respond.

And than she texts me later on in the day, "we should get together in a few weeks". I say why, and I meant it as in why whats the point, (should have said nothing I know) I guess she miss reads that and thinks I mean why in three weeks. She says "This weekend I am going to see the guys from Cuba, next weekend I have a friend coming to stay with me and then to a guys camp the next weekend.... Can she really be this naive and stupid???

Seriously, I have done mostly no contact, but if any of you need a reason as to why you go full no contact there you go. I say why and thats what I get. Good riddance.

Denial?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search