Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jun 27, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Sorry my post got posted twice. Hahaha I think I drove the point home on the first post...
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jun 27, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Btw- I broke NC. I responded to his message. It was actually pretty sarcastic and scathing (as aforementioned, he asked me the same question that I had responded to), but then again, that is my sense of humor. I have a question though... is he on the same page as me? Because he replied with something completely irrelevant: "Then come visit me. I'm here."

??

As far as I can tell, we're over. We ended things with me telling him that we go on a break until the fall because that's what he told me he wanted. He told me that we would see each other in the fall and the summer wouldn't have seemed that long. But I thought that he had said all of that fluff/crap to lessen the blow of the breakup. I mean... I've had my share of "nice" (insert: cowardly) guys say things they don't mean so they don't come off as the bad guy.

The thing is... I think I'm over him.
    gg23 Posts: 72, Reputation: 12

Jun 27, 2008, 03:43 PM
    OK guys... I got some interesting news... it hit two months since my ex and I broke up... she did... I geuss... some of you know my story... anyway... since the break up... I talk to her twice... the day she was leaving town... and on the 1st of June... anyway... so I made up my mind and started going out and meeting new peeps... and I met this girl... pretty sweet so far... and the chemistry was there and so we hit things ups... I would say that I met her two weeks ago or so.. but last week we got intimate and started hanging out a lot... I mean she good looking... fun and fun... anyway... the past 4 days or so we hung out hardcore... I spent the last 3 nights at her place:)... anyway... I am also courting this other chic with who things seem to pick up slowly... I never had the intention of anything serious since I just got burned... from my mate for 2 yrs... so long story short, my ex messaged me last Saturday... I ignored her text... she went bullistic and acted a bit a la britney spears kind of drama!. anyway so I just somewhat decided to reply this past Tuesday on Facebook... I did it intentionally just cause all the girls I have been talking to have been hitting my wall pretty hard... some interesting conversation and very milky ones at time;)... yeah so anyway NC helped a lot and I really am ready to move on with my life for real... so I replied to her on Facebook and kind of filled her in on what I have been up to and she wrote me back... and here is her message... now keep in my mind that she is moving closer to where I live about 45 minutes drive... compare to her home which is 3 hrs away...

"hey.. the 507 # is my house # in rochester. I moved 1/2 my stuff with my mom about a week and a 1/2 ago and am moving the rest after the 4th. It was crazy up until this last week. Now its just relaxation time pretty much. I like it. I took up crochetin.. I'm making a couple really pretty blankets and just chillin on my boat before I leave. I think about you too.. with time to think about it, I think the distance was just getting to me. Even though you came back, it was just mentally and emotionally difficult. I couldn't get used to seeing you and then not. It was just almost like a trick. Like.. surprise.. I'm here.. surprise.. just kididng.. I don't know. Hard to explain.. but.. its not like my feelings were gone. It just felt like a stupid game that I could never win internally. Oh well.. I'm not going to talk about it rt now. Otherwise, life is fine. I'm just waiting to start my internship. Hopefully see you and talk to you soon. I owe you some cookies I no... we'll figure something out. Have fun w/ your dad and skydivin and everything.

Now what do you make of this??
    Opinion?? and sorry for the long message

Message en cours d'envoi...

Réponse :
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Hey GG23,

First off I want to thank you for the help you gave me on my resent question. It helped a lot. Its been a pretty crazy week for me but I am starting to come around. Really didn't think I could that fast... but my mind does think of the two of them together and that's really the worst part right now...

Moving right along though to your question... I wouldn't take a whole lot from what she said. It seems pretty light and more like she is just trying to keep herself in your head. Like you said (hopefully meant) you are ready to move on. So do so, don't think too much into what she's saying because really it doesn't matter anymore right? (I know you do just a bit though, I said I was but obviously I wasn't)

Keep things going with these other girls... however make sure you don't break any hearts yourself. That's pretty sweet to hear that you are clicking with them and are excited about it. Can't wait myself.

Also, awesome that you are going skydiving, I went two weeks ago as something crazy to take my mind off things. One of the best things I have ever done. Get a video made if you can... I still watch mine a lot and it makes me feel better. Here's the link if you want to pump yourself up... or scare yourself... haha

YouTube - My Sky dive

Jun 27, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Sweet video NNG... wow I can't wait to jump I'm definitely having a video made... wow... oh yeah... no I'm not going to break any heart... I have done it's not fun... this chic really seem to dig me a lot... and we really connect and talk as if we
    Ve know each other for a long time!! It's weird... anyway... thanks bro... don't worry you will get there sooner than expected...

Jun 27, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Also really when you feel low... please please please.. just remind yourself that it's just a phase and that's it's going to be over before you know it... it's crucial... when I am low... I tell that to myself.. that if I can make it to tomorrow, it will all be over... and really focus on the bad things and how she treated you towards the end of the relationship... it helps a lot and it works for me...

Jun 27, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Thanks buddy,

Yea that's what I am definitely doing from now on, its really truly over now, and that's how I have really needed to think for a long time. Life goes on and soon enough it will be good again.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 28, 2008, 12:05 AM
    @ jiltedgirl: I WILL GET TESTED BEFORE SEXING IT UP

@ gg23: that's cool you're meeting new girls =]! Just remember NOT TO CHEAT ON THEM!
    have fun, but no sex drama =D!

@every1 else: well, I'm in SD (San Diego) for the summer and I am going to meet up with a friend to smoke hookah (first time), do some salvia, and drink alcohol. As for my ex, she is moving to San Francisco (2 hrs away from my univ, but 15mins away from my friends place)... yeah
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
    For everyone out there feeling low, take my advice and listen to the lyrics of fleetwood macs Don't stop, it's a great feel good song
    DazT Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
    I'm a bit drunk. Found out tonight my ex has a new boyfriend! I just checked her Myspace when I went home! Ahhhh! I don't know why I'm even bothered.. it's 4 months since we broke up.

For the record, her new boyfriend has long hair! She has died her hair black and now dresses in black! Can't believe this is my ex!

Guess she's just going through that wee stage you do when you're a teenager. Don't know why I take her so seriously.

Anybody else up?

Jun 28, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DazT
    I'm a bit drunk. Found out tonight my ex has a new boyfriend! I just checked her Myspace when I went home! Ahhhh!! I don't know why I'm even bothered.. it's 4 months since we broke up.

For the record, her new boyfriend has long hair! She has died her hair black and now dresses in black! Can't believe this is my ex!

Guess she's just going through that wee stage you do when you're a teenager. Don't know why I take her so seriously.

Anybody else up?
    I was talking to my ex on MSN.. didn't say much~

Became a total 8itch and lied that she needed to go..
    How do I know she was lying? Her myspace said "online now" when she went off MSN

Anyway, I am considering street racing (drifting) as my hobby
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jun 29, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Hi all. Thank God for all of you people. Just when I think I am alone, I come here and find I am not. Breaking up would not be a problem if the feelings of loss were all gone within 24 hours.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jun 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Howdy all,

How's everyone doing today? Been slow around here the last few days... is that a good thing? :p
    dollarman Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Jun 29, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Had to reinstate NC guys... I'll post on another thread what has happened, nothing major. Anyway, I'm on day... *counting on fingers*... 10 of reinstated NC. How's everyone else doing today?

Jun 29, 2008, 09:44 AM
    I am considering going to a vocational school...

Jun 29, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Howdy all,

Hows everyone doing today? Been slow around here the last few days...is that a good thing? :p
    Haha, perhaps. I went out last night, had some fun, but am feeling somewhat depressed this morning... A little loneliness I think. Had to cab back home by myself, was usually something I would do with my ex. Thinking of her with the other guy again, eugh, frigin girls.

Jun 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    haha, perhaps. I went out last night, had some fun, but am feeling somewhat depressed this morning... A little loneliness I think. Had to cab back home by myself, was usually something I would do with my ex. Thinking of her with the other guy again, eugh, frigin girls.

Hang in there man. I had a few down moments because last night one of my wonderful friends thought it would be funny to bring it up and hassle me about it a little bit. Saying things like.. "Hey, I wonder what shes up to?"... "You think she has a new boyfriend?"

Guys are awesome sometimes - but whatever. I didn't let it get to me so I guess that's a good thing and speaks a little to how I am dealing with it. You start to get numb to it after a while and you can just sort of let it slide right off your back. Getting to that point however, is rough...

Jun 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
    I feel a bit down cause I rarely had the time for my girlfriend (now ex) like I did back in high school =/
    dollarman Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Jun 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Hang in there guys...

Jun 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    I feel a bit down cause I rarely had the time for my girlfriend (now ex) like I did back in high school =/
    Don't live in the past. What happened is over now, you need to look to the future. If you think it was a serious problem that you had, then learn from that and ensure that you don't make the same mistake again.

However, you must be honest with yourself as to whether it was as sreious a problem and your mind is making it into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search