Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sad xxx siren Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Can I fix what I have done
    I like this guy from work, we went out for a while then broke up... One day I was feeling particularly unattractive when my best friend nicolas who I also dated yrs ago picks me up from work. At this point the guy I am interseted in shows up early for his shift... and not only sees me looking horrible but meets an over protective friend that wants nothing to do with him and has time to stop and chat till I got awkward and put my go away face on I think he was not only offended but turned off can I fix this??
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 10:57 PM
    There's nothing here to fix. Stop being so dramatic and enjoy the silly little scenes that life dreams up for you. Humor and good-will eliminates a lot of drama.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 15, 2008, 11:27 PM
    In all my experience, I have learned one very important thing... DON'T get involved with anyone at work.
    First, it deminishes your concentration and purpose for receiving that paycheck. Second, it creates 'drama' where it has absolutely no place - at the workplace!

Go out and find people to spend your free time elsewhere - it's safer for you and your job.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Chery is right, you don't need that kind of drama where you work. And you have double drama. My experience is keep work, and a personal life separate from each other, and avoid those situations you have written about.
    Workplace relationships are hard to maintain, and when things go wrong, your job turns miserable, as you have had a taste of.

You don't need the drama, or distraction do you? Or are you a drama queen?
    sad xxx siren Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Thanks every body big help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search