Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyraewilliam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Dog Peeing in the House
    My dog can be outside for hours and pee and poop in the house? What's up with that..
    He is a zu about 1yr 8 months - given to us FREE as owners were moving and couldn't take him... hmmm.. sound fishy now that I think about it...

Pee's by the cat's litter box (I have placed some newspaper down) with the suggestion of previous owners and that is what they have done - if dog couldn't make it outside..

and now seems to poop near or by the washroom.. . previously it was no random spot... but now seems to be certain areas of the house..

I clean and clean - wash and rewash the floors with vinegar and water, cleaning solution as he has a good sniffer!!

Please advise as we might have to find him a new home? But our daughter 3 1/2 loves him..
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jun 16, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Lots of male dogs, especially at that particular age, are notorious for marking their territory. Perhaps neutering him would fix the situation.
    kellyraewilliam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyraewilliam
    My dog can be outside for hours and pee and poop in the house? What;s up with that..
    He is a zu about 1yr 8 months - given to us FREE as owners were moving and couldn't take him... hmmm.. sound fishy now that I think about it...

Pee's by the cat's litter box (I have placed some newspaper down) with the suggestion of previous owners and that is what they have done - if dog couldn't make it outside..

and now seems to poop near or by the washroom... .... previously it was no random spot... but now seems to be certain areas of the house..

I clean and clean - wash and rewash the floors with vinegar and water, cleaning solution as he has a good sniffer!!!!

Please advise as we might have to find him a new home? but our daughter 3 1/2 loves him..
    Update: we neutered him about 1.5 weeks ago...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 5 yr old dog is peeing in the house! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old jack russelXminitaure american eskimo. He has been peeing in the house. This has been going on for about the last 2 months. At first we thought that it was just an "accident", but the accidents seem to be ocurring more and more. The pee is never in the same place it is in...

Dog peeing in the house. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a dog he's about 1 1/2 years old. German shepard mix he's about 40 pounds. Hes been peeing in the house a lot. We just moved a few weeks ago so I'm sure that not helping but he was doing this before to. I know its not we aren't letting him out he goes outside AT LEAST 4 times a day. I'm...

Pup peeing in house. [ 2 Answers ]

okay, I thought that I was doing the correct thing to help my puppy learn that outside is THE place to go. I watch him carefully, and if he starts to look a little apprehensive, I put him on his leash, and take him to his spot, and tell him, "go potty", and when he does, I always praise him with a...

He's peeing in my house [ 2 Answers ]

My dog oreo is 2yrs now ,he is part lab and dautson, the problem is he is fully house trained,but now chooses to pee in th house, on my daughters toys etc, what is the problem.:confused:

Peeing in the house [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is a year and a half old Australian cattle dog mix. I adopted him a little while ago from a shelter, and at first things were fine. But now he has started to pee when I put a leash on him to take him out, at first I thought I was waiting to long to take him and he couldn't wait. But he does...

View more questions Search