Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MistakeMaker Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Underage sex.
    Hey umm... I've been going out with my boyfriend for a while now and the other night I stayed over at his house and early in the morning we had sex.. it was my first time and he used a condom and I don't think I have much to worry about, but I'm thinking if it was the right thing to do?. I'm only 14 and he's a year older than me.. I'm just wondering.. am I completely safe from pregnancy or anything? And I can't tell my parents or anyone because my mum would kill me if she knew... well not really kill me but get really really angry with me so I don't want to tell her so I can't go to the doctors or anything I am so confused? Please please help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Condoms are not 100 percent effective, and unless both the boy and girl are old enough and mature enough and able to raise a child they should not be having sex.
    Depending on the study you review failure rates run from 10 percent to 18 or from 10 percent to 33 percent

But even the best reports give a one in ten chance of failure.

Condom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Condom Warnings, High Failure Rates, Stop "Safe Sex" Lies, Doctors expose condoms, Pro-Life America, Celebrities, Speakers, TV, Radio, Videos and Literature to help save moms and babies from the pain and suffering of abortion. Save sex for marriage a
    shadow8ski Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeMaker
    hey umm... ive been going out with my boyfriend for a while now and the other night i stayed over at his house and early in the morning we had sex.. it was my first time and he used a condom and i dont think i have much to worry about, but i'm thinking if it was the right thing to do?.. im only 14 and hes a year older than me.. im just wondering.. am i completely safe from pregnancy or anything? And i can't tell my parents or anyone because my mum would kill me if she knew... well not really kill me but get really really angry with me so i dont want to tell her so i can't go to the doctors or anything i am so confused? please please help!
    Dear MistakeMaker:

I'm a parent with a 17 year old son. We just discovered yesterday that he had a girl over our house and they had sex when we weren't home. We were, and are VERY upset with him. But you know why we are upset? Because we love him so much and we really want the best for him. If he look at what he will be when he is 25, we know that his life will be much better in so many ways if he commits to one woman in marriage for life. So, our extreme love for him motivates our anger with him. And, yes, he will have consequences that he will not like at all.

Do me a favor... go get a long stick in your house like a yard stick or a broom handle. Go ahead, do it now.. . I'm waiting... Got the stick? Good. Now balance the stick on your finger for a few seconds. Go ahead. Now, where were you looking when you were balancing the stick? [answer: at the top of the stick] Now I want you to look at the bottom of the stick where your finger is an try to balance the stick. Go ahead. Any luck? Of course not. Just like you cannot balance the stick when you look at the bottom of the stick, you can't balance your life when you look for short term pleasures. Just like you CAN balance the stick when you look at the top of the stick, you CAN balance your life when you look at long term gains.

Can I tell you something about guys? He may be a very nice guy but the fact is he, like almost all guys, wants your body. That is not to say that guys are all jerks. We are just strongly motivated by females. It's just the way we were made. Giving in to him does not make him love you more. In fact, it does just the opposite - he will respect you less. If he really loves YOU (not just your body), he will show it by waiting for you. And it should be a long wait - you are very young!

From what you have said it is clear to me that your mother really loves you a lot and wants the best for you. The only real "Mistake" you could "Make" right now is to wait more than 5 minutes to confess the whole situation to her and tell her you are sorry. She WILL be angry. But she will love you. It will hurt in the short term but the short term is not what it's about.

-Mike
    MistakeMaker Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Yes but I'm so scared.. I won't be allowed out of the house until I'm 18 if I tell her! I won't be allowed to have a boyfriend or anything until I'm 18 if she finds out! Me and my boyfriend have agreed to pretend like it never happened.. like it was a dream.. only a dream... it that a good thing to do?
    shadow8ski Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2008, 06:23 AM
    That's a great question to ask your mom. Turn off your computer. Turn off your cell phone. Get away from the virtual world and step into the real world. It DID happen. You're not a little kid anymore. Stop pretending and go talk to your mom. I'm logging off.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2008, 08:28 AM
    yes but im so scared.. i wont be allowed out of the house until im 18 if i tell her!! i wont be allowed to have a boyfriend or anything until im 18 if she finds out! me and my boyfriend have agreed to pretend like it never happened.. like it was a dream.. only a dream... it that a good thing to do?
    Keep dreaming, he has probably already told at least six of his closest friends. That is how YOU can and probably will end up with a bad reputation.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Jun 17, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Im sorry to say, but you can't pretend it didn't happen. THe reality is that it DID happen and you can't go back and change what is past. Now, I can't make you do anything, really I can't I'm just a little person far away, but you should talk to someone, and stop pretending, because it did happen.
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Jun 18, 2008, 12:16 AM
    there is no such things as a dream..

a Dreams are often a response to our daily thoughts, activities and sensations. They are often, then, a reflection of what has consumed our minds in the preceding day or two. Dreams are apparently a necessary part of our being but dream is just a dream when you asleep...

but if you dream in a reality.. it not a dream no more.. it a LIE >.. that you Lie to yourself so that you believe it is and was a dream...

I am sorry but if something already happened.. it happened.. there is no turning back like an old saying that... EVERYTHING HAPPENPED FOR A REASON...

the only thing you can do now is facing it and live on with your life.. but also... if you can and you think you ready... please tell you parent... I no that they will mad at you or even worst ground you... and they always said grounded you for life or till you are 18 but.. after a short while they let you go.. because they love you so much more and MUCH MORE

THINK ABOUT IT ^^
    jewels1223 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
    hey umm... ive been going out with my boyfriend for a while now and the other night i stayed over at his house and early in the morning we had sex.. it was my first time and he used a condom and i dont think i have much to worry about, but i'm thinking if it was the right thing to do?.. im only 14 and hes a year older than me.. im just wondering.. am i completely safe from pregnancy or anything? And i can't tell my parents or anyone because my mum would kill me if she knew... well not really kill me but get really really angry with me so i dont want to tell her so i can't go to the doctors or anything i am so confused? please please help!
    If you where ready then that's fine, people say you have to be ready to raise a kid if you have sex. I don't believe that. I think you should tell your mum. Be careful though start with please don't get mad at me, I just think you need to know.. then w.e you feel is right to say. I was the same age when I had sex for the first time, my parents took it better than I thought. Well good luck!
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Girl If U Didn't Want To Have To Worry This Much You Shouldn't Have Done That. Sex Is Illegal If Your Not 17 It's a Known Law. And Everybody Who Disagrees Go Look It Up Ok? Seriously Girl That Was A Stupid Move Ur Freakin 14 Ur Still In Puberty For God Sakes. Tell Your Parents Or Your Life Could Be In Danger Of An Std, Just Do Something Girl. That Was A Mistake.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jun 20, 2008, 05:23 PM
    I'm 19 and I still think condoms are unreliable. I always used second protection. You are already showing signs that you are perhaps regretting it a bit because you are worried that there is a possibility you could get pregnant, and the fact you are underage. You questioned whether it was right, only you know if its right, but you don't therefore you may not of been completely ready. You can't change what happened, but hopefully you will think about it more next time for your own sake :) if you don't want to go to your doctor, maybe go to a clinic instead. You need to be sussed out with protection before you do it again! Otherwise its not worth it at all getting pregnant because the condom split or it slid off or whatever, then realising you shouldve just made that one trip to the doctors. Goodluck :)
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 25, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Look you know it happened, you can make it so no one else know s it happened but it did. Every time you talk to yoiur mom or dad you will be keeping this secret, you will feel worse and the longer you wait, the worse it will feel. And if you are honest and express remorse your mom/dad will be mad,but if you wait years than tell them they will be mad not only cause you had sex, but that you didn't tell them.
    You made a mistake, everyone does, yoiur parents love you and want to teach you to do what is right. Tell them, and no matter what you say they'll still love you. And don't only do it for them do it for you, so you won't have to feel horrible just spit it out. Youi'll feel better.
    Ps (don't do it again)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 25, 2008, 05:59 PM
    You've received good advice here dear, and I don't think this will make you the 'school slut' as one poster judgementally put it. You were nieve one time and you can make sure that you'll not be caught with 'your pants down' like that again. And, when you tell your mom, she will be upset, but she will also make sure that you get a check-up and are healthy - she was your age once too.

What I don't understand is that he can actually suggest that you 'pretend' this did not happen! He's not only being dishonest to himself and you for that matter... hey, he had that darned condom available pretty easily, so does he also 'pretend' that all the other girls he goes to bed with were a mistake?? Think about it. If this was not talked about and romantically planned, then he was just using you - no matter what age you both are - that's immature and indicates that he only thought of himself.

If he wants to forget it all and treats you just like a 'pal' without warmth and respect after being so intimate with you, you are better off not pretending to stay away from him, but actually do so.

Please, please, from now on, never wind up in bed with any guy at any time, for any reason unless you've known each other for a long time and honestly talked about being ready to take over this type of responsibility and then both being strong and truthful enough to 'fess-up' to his and your parents when the time comes.

Honey, you are worth more than just a 'mistake' in the morning... and don't you ever forget that! I don't preach, but what's done is done, and you need to feel good about yourself again and not guilty and ashamed for the rest of your life. Also, take note of how many of his 'friends' are starting to be 'nice' to you now - he could have told everyone and they might think you are easy - which you are not!. you were just caught off-guard. Just make sure this does not happen again and keep your self-respect. There might be talk for a while, but if you don't give in he will be known as the liar that he is.

Good luck dear, and don't let this drag you down - he's not worth it.

matthughes Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Jun 26, 2008, 02:57 AM
    you should only do what you want and aslong as he`s wearing something, you should be OK but there's always a chance you could get pregnant. Don't be confused because we`ve all been in these situations but we don't speak of them. You should go to the doctors and perhaps go on the pill but take this as a lesson well learnt, don't say anything to your mum if you isn't pregnant but good luck chick x
    matt from UK
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 26, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Ok, first lets deal with your major concern. You will have to wait until you get your next period or take a home pregnancy test to know for sure. No way we can tell. The odds are against you being pregnant though.

Despite what some other (obvious teens) have said, you should NOT be having sexual intercourse unless you are prepared to have a child. That goes for adults and especially for teens.

Hopefully your boyfriend does agree to forget it and not ask for a repeat. If he does you should explain to him that while you don't regret what you did, the anxiety and worry it caused you is not worth it.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 27, 2008, 02:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by matthughes
    you should only do what you want and aslong as he`s wearing something, you should be ok but theres always a chance you could get pregnant. dont be confused because we`ve all been in these situations but we dont speak of them. you should go to the doctors and perhaps go on the pill but take this as a lesson well learnt, dont say anything to your mum if you aint pregnant but good luck chick x
    matt from UK
    Dear Matt.. there is something you need to understand about this site.
    We DO NOT encourage sex to the posters who are legally underage!

We are aware that it's going to happen one way or the other, but it does not mean it is right. There should be courses in schools to teach sex education and the dangers of contracting diseases and prevention of pregnancies - AND, I personally think that it's the parent's responsibility to talk with our children and encourage them to wait until they are legally of age and have dated long enough to communicate and plan a romantic encounter (because I think the first time should be romantic) instead of a rush-job because the dude has an erection in the morning - and surprisingly enough has a condom available. That, in my book, is selfishly using someone - and THEN had the hutspa to suggest that this be forgotten.

If you want to give someone from the USA advice that is legally not the keenest, from England, may I suggest you PM (private message) the individual or you will constantly wind up with negative ratings - so please choose your advice carefully from now on.

I know you young folks will do what you want, legal or not, but please understand that I've was also a teen (all of us were) and we do understand the pressures and fears and seriously intend to help, so it's not what you say, but how you say it that's important.

Olivia132 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Don't worry you probably have nothing to worry about, it's more the fact that you did it that is making you fear being found out more.

I was 14 when I lost my virginity, thankfully I am still with that same guy who took it- I hope it's the same for you :)

The best thing to do at your age- if your going to have sex that is- is to use water based lubricant. I say this because it will help stop any accident breakages. I've made the mistake of using lots of different dodgy things with my boyfriend- and I still am not pregnant or had an abortion to this day.

I can understand that your mum would be cross but I also understand how hard it is not to give in when your boyfriend wants to have sex with you. She won't find out, as long as you guys keep it to yourselves and don't make it look obvious that you have.

Just be careful and make sure he is ensuring you are OK when you do it.

Happy sex life tehee
    Olivia132 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Sorry Chery I underystand what you mean.

You are far too young to be having sex, but hopefull you've identified someone really great in your boyfriend.

I don't believe worrying her is good either. There is a 1-2% chance that she would become pregnant with a baby.. so I really don't think that will help or she could be wasting her money on materials not needed- pregnancy tests and worrying herself sick.

Yes, you should be worried that you are so young having sex and I hope you have someone at home to talk to- or us. I hope you mother likes your boyfriend has respected you in your decision and not made it difficult for you to say no.

One other thing- did you regret what you did?

That's a very important thing to think of.

Sorry if I encouraged you into having more sex.

Good luck
    X
    FlubbaLite Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Hello
    I'm 12 and loads of people in my year are having sex. All of them regret doing it as all of them have now split up with the same boyfriend. This girl in my year is pregnant as she was having sex and the condom broke and they carried on. Her boyfriend left her now. She is now propa upset. I just think I should say DON'T DO ANYTHING YOU WILL REGRET WITH A BOY WHO YOU POSSIBLY WON'T STAY WITH.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2008, 01:24 PM
    I lost my virginity at 15 turning 16, and I do wish I never lost it that young. I still think that even the legal age of 16 is too young to be having sex because most are not even fully aware about the risks etc, yet even know what love is. I know I THOUGHT I was in love and how very wrong I was, because I have now felt real love.

But its not just the STD's or the pregancy, because sure its risk, but you can use condoms and other types of protection to try and lower that risk.. however, cervical cancer is another issue which not many people think about. You can get it from having sex at a young age (even more at risk if you don't use a condom, and even more of a risk if you are younger because you are not fully developed down there AND even more of a risk the more partners you have, which is another reason why having sex too young isn't good, because you will go through more partners throughout your life). That is the reason I wish I didn't have sex so young, and also because I have personal experience from the people around me. I have a friend who is now 24. She's only had 2 long term boyfriends since 16, and lost her virginity at 16. Last year she had cervical cancer growths and had to have them removed but there is still a risk of it returning. Now the fact she just had 2 longterm boyfriends worries me, but I suppose it was also because of the young age. I also have an aunty who died from it.

I don't mean to worry you at all, I'm just stating some facts and I'm stating my personal opinions and the reason why I myself even wish I didn't start sex at a young age. But I do hope you think more about the underage sex, and your health. At least carry on using a condom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Underage dating [ 6 Answers ]

What us the legal age of dating in Indiana?

Underage Sex [ 7 Answers ]

My son is having a relationship with his supervisor at work. He is 17 and she is 22. Can anyone tell me the parameters around that?

Underage sex [ 12 Answers ]

Okay so I was wondering, I live in one of the states where you have to be 16 to give consent to have sex. So if a girl and a boy have sex, and the one is 16 but the other is 19, is that really illegal?

Underage Consumption [ 1 Answers ]

The other night me and my boyfriend went over to a friends place. I am 19yrs old and he is 21, one of the guys living there was stupid and walk right outside his house and stole a street sign but not just the sign they stop sign street and everything! Well someone saw him do this and called the...

Underage sex. [ 39 Answers ]

Hay there. Please help. Here's my question. Since I met my boyfriend(when I was twelve) We have been going out for a year and 4 months now. And I turn 14 in a month. We have tried having sex a lot of times But it just hurts too much for me and I don't know if its my body saying I'm not ready yet or...

View more questions Search