Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Can my sons father sign over his paternal rights without telling me?
    Please help me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 07:29 PM
    No, to sign his rights over he will have to file a motion in court, and there would be a hearing,

1. first in most cases unless you have a new partner to adopt the judge will not even let him sign over his rights. In some places you can take his rights away if he is in prison for a felony.

2. next even if the judge allows him to sign over his rights, that does not stop the obligation of child support, so he just never gets to visit the child but still has to pay his money for the child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My rights as a paternal father [ 6 Answers ]

I just found out that I have a 12 year old daughter. I have asked a number of times over the last 13 years if she was mine and told no. The mother got married when she was pregnant and he thought the child was his until now. I have met the girl and I am willing to do anything for her. Do I have any...

How Can I Get My Sons Father To Give Up His Rights [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Im a 20 year old mother to my almost 2 year old son. me and his father where together for almost 2 years before we finally ended it. i went throught sooo much with his father n i can't get it out of my head. Now im going through this rough time because his fahter keeps getting introuble...

How to Terminate Parental rights of my sons father [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a 12 year old son. His father has maybe paid six months to a year of childsupport. I have been trying to have the order enforced however they can never locate him to serve him. I know where he is but they can never locate him there. I call and tell him when the court dates are and...

Father wants to sign over rights in FL [ 2 Answers ]

My son's father keeps threating to sign over his rights, he said he does not need my permission and I can't stop him. He only wants to do this because he has just gotten a job and now has to pay. We have not received anything from him in almost a year, can he really do this and can I do anything to...

Paternity rights for the non paternal father [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé just had a baby. It was determined by a paternity test that the child is not my biological son! I spoke to an attorney briefly and was advised that even though my insurance paid for the pre natal visits, the delivery and post delivery aspects of the birth, that I have no legal rights to...

View more questions Search