Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Will Cubs Win the World Series?
    Do you think that the Chicago Cubs will win the WorldSeries 2008? Why or why not? :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 12, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Dear MS...

The overall world sports focus is these 2 weeks on the European Soccer Championships in Zwitserland and Austria. And you seem biased in favour of the Cubs because they are your own local team...

:D
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Yeah, I follow the games on television. :)

This is a monumental year; it's been 100 years since they won the World Series.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 08:32 AM
    I'm rooting for a Yanks Cubs series . Tampa spanked them the last 3 games and they have a couple of tough series coming up against the Chi-SoX .

They are like many teams in baseball this year . Good home record and poor away record .

Of course if Soriano could keep off the DL they would have a better time. You need your best players on the field. The same thing happened when Alex Rodriguez was out . The Yanks treaded water until he returned.

But the key is pitching and the Cubbies are stacked with good starters ;if only their bull pen would stop giving it away.
    booyah Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2008, 11:50 PM
    The Cubs are too reliant on four pitchers: Zambrano, Dempster, Marmol and Wood.

They have a great offense, but not much pitching depth. Those four guys are going to have to carry them. It remains to be seen whether Dempster can pitch this effectively for a full season. He's never done this well before.

I think the World Series champ will come out of the AL. Either a Boston repeat, or the Angels.
    marlone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 01:31 PM
    As an eternal Cub fan, I believe they will do well... I'm still hurting from 2003

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1969 World Series [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a baseball signed by the NYMets in the 1969 World Series worth? Some names included are Gil Hodges, Tom Seaver, Joe Fox, Wayne Garrett, 25 total?

Bold Prediction :Yanks v Cubbies in the World Series [ 7 Answers ]

Why ? Well because Hillary (aka Evita) Clinton in last weeks debate said that if the 2 teams were in the series she would be conflicted about which team to support ;so she would waffle and "alternate sides "if she attended a game. That would be a hoot! I'm a Yank fan who hopes A-Rod can perform...

World Series... Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why this competition between US teams is called "World" Series, when it is only one country involved?. Shouldn't it be called just "National Series".

View more questions Search