Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldkief Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Stove never provided after promise
    Rented 4/2/08 Gas stove had been removed. Landlord promise installation of electric stove. Numerous delays. Now he says he will install gas stove after I pay for meter reinstalled. First, can he continue to delay me about the stove and second, Am I responsibly to pay for meter?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 03:36 PM
    He can continue to delay, as long as you are willing to wait for him.

If there is no gas meter at the residence, and you moved in knowing that, then he may have the right to request that you pay for the service that was not in place at the time that you rented.

I believe that not providing you with a stove, could be reasons for you to terminate the lease, although he may take you to court to try to prove otherwise.

Did you get something in writing about him being responsible for putting in the range?

I would send him a certified letter, return receipt requested, giving him say 10 days to 2 weeks to have a stove in place, electric or not, or that you will consider his failure to do so a violation of the terms of the lease.

If you must have a gas stove, you may have to pay for the meter to get one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Yes, without a stove it could be considered not livable, and could be reason to break the lease, but then it can end up in court for them to make the final call.

If you pay the electric, then if there is a gas stove you would have to pay to have the gas connected ( assuming there is gas ran to the apartment already) So you pay the meter fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

England Stove Works pellet stove blower speed [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have an England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove. We've had it for almost four years with no problems. I clean it out and grease the augers every fall before running it for the winter season. It has recently started having a problem with the blower speed. We start it...

Purely hypothetical - I promise [ 9 Answers ]

I love old cars. I really do. I would love to own one. It's not going to happen ANYtime soon. But. Would it be possible to put a vintage (good condition) body and frame over a modern engine and all of that stuff? Or I guess more accurately, could you put a modern engine into an old car?

A broken promise [ 12 Answers ]

I got out of a HUGE relationship with James. We dated for over a year and I loved him. But then we broke up and ever since I've been jumping from guy to guy. Until I found one I ended up falling in love with. He said he loved me. He said he would never, could never, break up with me. But then one...

A promise [ 3 Answers ]

When your ex gives you a promise ring what does that mean? And he won't take it back?:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

View more questions Search