Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephen Gorevan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 02:03 PM
    French mother was a war bride to American GI but now dead.Dual Citizenship?
    My question has to do with my desire to apply for citizenship to France. I would have dual citizenship (USA and France). In previous posts the indications are by right of blood I can become a citizen because my mother was born and raised in France and she married my father, an American GI. They met during the war and married shortly thereafter. But both are deceased and other posts indicate my citizenship should be no problem because the French parent is alive. Mine is not. Does this make a difference? And I heard somewhere there were special rules regarding French wives of American military personnel. Please advise.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
    My dear, you are half french if yourmother was born in France, but in order to prove that to obtain citizenship you have to produce her birth certificate and yours. Any stipulations about WW2 GIs marrying french has probably died out along with a few veterans from that war in both Canada and the US. God rest their souls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm American and want dual USA/French citizenship. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I'm new to the site... I'm American, wish to live in France and want to have dual US/French Citizenship. I've poured over info but nothing seems to answer this odd question: My maternal grandmother is from SPAIN. Parents are from Argentina (dad's side are from Italy). Is there an...

French and American dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - does anybody know if I have any rights to French citizenship if I am a second generation American? My Mom's Mom was born in France, my mom was born in the US. I too was born in the US. Please and thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

View more questions Search