Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtking123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Celing fan, new remote, Dip settings
    I just bought a harbor breeze tiempo ceiling fan which did not have a remote, so I went out and bought a universal remote for it. It says that I should check the factory settings manual for the Dip settings, which is no where in the manual. Where do I find that or even does anyone know where to get the settings?
    Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Your universal remote and receiver both have a small panel of miniature dip switches. Just make sure they match each other, easilest way is to set all off or all on.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 01:01 AM
    The switches are on the receiver, which is usually in the ceiling canopy.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change dip settings in Harbor Breeze remote [ 2 Answers ]

I think I accidentally changed the dip settings in my Harbor Breeze remote when I changed the battery. How do I find the correct dip settings? Preferably without opening up the ceiling fan itself. Thank you!

Bad Celing Fan Remote [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay fan that came with the house I just purchased. The fan/light works - but not completely. The unit can only be controlled by the remote, but the fan only seems to go in one speed - if I press the high button the fan comes on (but I don't think it is spinning on a high setting)....

Working the celing fan without remote control [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We moved into this place, and found the ceiling fan not working, though was told it's remote controlled. We have no remote control for the fan nor does the fan work when the switching... only the lights would come on (using the light switch)(the fan switch is separate). We've taken the fan...

Celing fan remote replacement [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that the remote control stopped working on. The fixture still works from the wall switch. I am reluctant to delve into the Hampton Bay customer service morass to try & have the remote replaced, we have tried new batteries etc. Can I just get a new remote as if...

Halsey celing fan and light remote [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am having trouble with my remote control receiver. The remote light comes on when a button is pressed and it did work a few weeks ago. The light or fan will not come on when the remote is tried. The light and fan don't work with the pull chains either. The only way it seems to work is to...

View more questions Search