Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rarerose55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 02:20 AM
    What to do about a sewer smell coming from my jetted bathtub?
    Hi. I have a horrible problem. I have a jetted bathtub. I haven't used the jets on a regular basis. Now there is a terrible sewer smell coming from my bathtub. We tried Draino, and I tried running the jets with dishwashing powder and then running it again with hot water. Nothing works. Does anyone have an idea of how to correct this problem. Thanks for all your help. Roseanne

>Moved from Forum Help<
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 10, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Hi Roseanne,
    Sounds like you may have some bacteria growing in there. Is the odor worse at the jets or the drain? Answer me and then try this. Pour a gallon of bleach in the tub and fill it up enough to run the jets. Run the tub for 29 minutes and then drain it. Fill it w3ith waqter and run for another 5 minutes to flush it out. Smell better now? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell coming from bathtub drain, especially after usage [ 17 Answers ]

For several months now we have been observing a musty smell in our upstairs bathroom. This smells comes and goes and at times it is much stronger. It seems that after someone takes a shower it gets worse afterwards. The tub is not clogged and there do not appear to be any leaks visible on the...

Sewer Gas smell coming from Kitchen drain [ 4 Answers ]

I am having problem with a smell coming from the Kitchen drain. I checked all drains in the house and the only one that as an odor is in the Kitchen. I have poured Drano and Vinegar down the drain but no results. Please Help.

Sewer smell coming from bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new house on a concrete slab in Concord, North Carolina in September 2007. We have a sewer smell coming from the first floor bathroom that we were told is coming from the shower/tub since we don't use it at all (we do use the toilet and the sink in this bathroom). A...

Sewer smell coming from shower drain [ 7 Answers ]

I have an acrylic stand up shower. I am on septic. I moved in this house in Oct. of '06. I have always used this shower every day. I never noticed the sewer smell until around June of '07. Could it be the hot weather that is causing the smell? The drain flows real good. No backup. It does not...

View more questions Search