Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robzee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 12:29 AM
    Charges to hang a front door
    Hi I would like to know what is a good price to hang and fit locks on a new hard wood front door, the door is a 900mm wide.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 02:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robzee
    hi I would like to know what is a good price to hang and fit locks on a new hard wood front door, the door is a 900mm wide.
    Are you asking because you would like to do the job for someone else? Or, are you wanting to know what other people might charge to do the job? It would be helpful to know those things. In either instance, it would also be helpful to at least know the approximate locale of where this is going to be done.

Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 07:54 AM
    I agree with Clough and would add that we need to know if the old frame can/will be reused or is the new door pre-hung. Also tell us about the locks, single lock or separate deadbolt?
    robzee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Thanks for getting back and sorry it took so long to reply,I am new to this and I have been away. I am just starting of on my own in south east London and I'm still learning to price. My work is good just not good at pricing. The door is going on the old frame with a 5 lever dead lock , night latch lock and letterbox and then stained and varnished. I hope this is enough information.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I don't know the hourly rate charged there, but you must estimate the length of time to hang the new door. You might need to plane it to fit or shim the old jamb. I would allow 1 hour. The hardware is an additional hour or so, driving is another hour. I think that I would charge all my customers a minimum of 2 to 4 hours as a base price, depending what the market will bear. You should get 3-4 hours minimum for this job. Doing small jobs like this, you need 3 projects every day to make it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Painting front door [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all -- I have a "Stanley Composite Entry Door - Prestige series" that we are considering painting on the inside only. Aside from just testing it out on the door, does anyone have advice about whether the door will take paint, and/or look good painted?

Outlet @ front door [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have an outlet @ our front door and one switch is for the light on the front (closed in porch) and the one next to it we have no idea what it's for.There is outlets on the front porch but that's not for them either.We have no lamp post outfront either. Is their away I can find out what it...

Front door peeling [ 1 Answers ]

My front door clear coat is flaking it goes not receive a lot of sun light. The door is fiberglass and is stained. Any ideas how to fix this problem.

View more questions Search