Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marifry95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 06:54 PM
    I like my bestfriends boyfriend.and she thinks she's in love with him.
    Okay well my friend met him a while ago and went out with him... so I was okay with it because I didn't even know him... so I went on with my life but then I went to the movies with him his friend and a different friend of mine. My best friend couldn't make it. So I apparently sat next to him and I didn't make anything of it until well... we started pokeing each other and playing around and stole eachothers cellphones and he put his head on my sholder and put his arms around my waist... and I started to like him but it hit me that my best friend was going out with this dude! So apparently he's getting bored with my best friend and he likes me and I like him... but brandi thinks she's falling in love with him... but he is going to break up with her anyway cause he likes me now AND I Don't KNOW WHAT IM Going to DO CAUSE I Don't Want to BREAK HER HEART! So I was wondering what some of the people out there did in a similar situation... please? I need help </3 :confused:

p.s this has happened in the past where her boyfriend liked me... and he broke up with her but I avoided him because I knew I shouldn't go out with him. BUT this time I WANT to go out with this dude...
    brittneybam Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jun 9, 2008, 07:00 PM
    If she was your real best friend she would get over it and let you be happy together!! It might help if you try and find her someone new that you think would be a good match for her!!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 08:30 PM
    You CANNOT flirt with her boyfriend. Cut it out.

You CAN date him as soon as he breaks up... or a few weeks later. Her heart will be broken anyway unless she breaks up with him. That won't be your doing.

When she gets mad at you for dating him, that ALSO will not be your doing. You can't go through life fearfully accepting responsibility for the things that happen to others. You can be sensitive, you can be empathetic, but in the end you have to live your life, too.

Date whom you wish. As long as you're both single and available, no other rules actually apply.
    Candybabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 11:32 PM
    OK this is tough for me and you what your going to have to do is choose some silly guy you probably not keep and marry or your best friend who really cares and loves him and you so I mean your bestfriends always there and all guys want is you know what I mean stop flirting and choose him or her?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: its your call please rate me!!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 02:50 PM
    If she is your true best friend you would not want her leftovers, since he thinking about dumping her for you. If he starting doing what he did while your was at the movies you should have got up and move to another seat instead of entertaining his moves on you. Its hard to find friends that are true and guys come and go. How would you feel if she dated one of your exes or flirting with him while your was together? So make the right choice and I would some how tell he what he boyfriend does behind he back because he could do that another girl and she would only get hurt. So basically you have to choose between your friend or friend's boyfriend, hope you make the right choice.
    Social-Psycho Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Umm I'm not sure about what I'm about to say but he might do the same thing to you when he starts getting bored again and I'm not saying he isn't a great guy and sure you might go out with him for about a week or maybe a month I can't know and I'm pretty sure that during that time your best friend can cry and nag but you won't care but come the time you get dumped or dump him you might have had your reputation ruined and you won't be able to make new friends for a long time so I think you should act surprised when he leaves her, give her all the comfort you can and tell the guy that you can't just go out with him and rub it in her face but that but you can always meet in secret, I mean who's going to know if you're careful and it'll probably get the relashionship to last longer the best part is that if he ever decides to tell people he's going out with you can always deny it, it's his word against yours and your friends'll believe you while his friends think he's gone to a new level of loneliness and started making stuff up. But just make sure he's never wearing a wire... you're never too paranoid...
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jun 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
    I don't understand the problem, You don't want to break your friend's heart? So don't date her ex-bf... it's that simple! He's bored w/ her now and he'll be bored w/ you sooner or later.
    Don't ruin a friendship over silly, immature emotions... When your emotions take over and you start to feel like you really "want" this guy just think... What kind of guy would flirt w/ his gf's best friend?. A really sleazy selfish guy...
    Don't waist your time, Sure he may be charming and say exactly want you want to hear but it won't last. Rise above the emotions and use some values I know you must have because you are asking for advice instead of jumping into this mess...
    You can be a loyal, kind hearted, caring, dedicated friend or that friend that went after her friend's ex. The choice is Yours!
    handyme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 09:05 AM
    For all we know you could be intentionally flirting and sending signals to her boyfriend and pretending like it's an accident. If people get bored with each other sometimes it means they haven't gotten to know each other well enough. It's easy to flirt with a guy when you're not in a relationship and steal his heart. I know because I've done it before and in the end couldnt' go through with it because I felt guilty. It's harder to maintain interest when you're actually in a relationship. You should back off, don't flirt with him, and don't play the "oh we can't it's wrong" stuff because it'll just make him like you more and that's not far. If you're really honest, you'll tell him off about flirting with you, and explain that he'll have to work things out with your friend. You'll be glad you did, when you have your own boyfriend, and can say that you deserve not to have anybody steal him since you would never do that to anybody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriend Thinks I'm Fat, But I'm really Not [ 21 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years and we are definitely in love. He is a great guy, but the only thing is that he tells me all the time that I need to lose weight and work out more, but I am not fat at all, not even chubby. I am 5 foot 4, 135 pounds, with a BMI of 23, which is...

Does she really love me after almost 4 years? She's says she's reserved. [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry for the long story just been a long relationship. Im so confused I've now been with my well nearly 4 years. I met her when I was 24 and she was 18. Its been the perfect relationship. She is a university student and I sjustabout to finish up her degree and I think that's great. Ive been...

My girlfriend thinks she's Bi [ 14 Answers ]

Just like the title says my girlfriend think she's Bi because she finds girls attractive, but at the same time she can never date a girl. Is my girlfriend really Bi?

I sort of kind of love my bestfriends ex boyfriend. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. So. At the beginning of 8th grade one of my best friends went out w/ this guy named Hunter. When they were going out me and him became super good friends. After they broke up we started talking a lot more and I started to like him A lot. I know that he likes me too and he tells me really...

View more questions Search