Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creative-8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Kaspersky detects svchost.exe
    My Kaspersky detects svchost.exe every 10 minutes.

Svchost.exe does not use 100% of my CPU and does not restart my computer, So I does not think that it is a virus.

So How Can I stop this Message in Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.120 ?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Svchost.exe is a legitimate Windows operating system file used to run processes from DLLs and should be in Windows' \system32 folder.

If you think this detection is a false positive, contact Kaspersky. Otherwise, confirm Kaspersky's assessment by scanning the file with Trend Micro's online scanner or another scanner, especially if the file is located elsewhere.
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Buddy it's a virus with same svchost.exe name.better update your antivirus and scan your system.Before scan, download any third party task manager like "security task manager" and check your system process and delete the exe with folder like icon if you found and then scan you system.Let me know if any problem comes,because I just gave you a simple and quick solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Svchost 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, recently my computer's memory has been spiking to 100% most of it being used by svchost. When this happens I can hardly do a thing, my Internet Explorer freezes, I'm really lucky to post this on mozilla Firefox. I've been cleaning my computer out with software such as AVG, CCleaner, and...

CPU Usage 100% svchost.exe [ 1 Answers ]

Using all the CPU usage on start up, takes about 10 minutes to load before I can use my computer normally, done a Norton Anti Virus scan and made sure I have SP2 installed, still having problems. Ran a HijackThis and got the following results, are there any of these I can remove?? Thank you ...

How to move kaspersky updates from PC to other... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, want to ask you; How to move kaspersky updates from PC to other... I need to move the updates from my notebook to my desktop PC, because I have no modem, network, wireless card in... :confused:

Svchost.exe [ 2 Answers ]

What's a 'svchost.exe'?? The fact that 'svchost' rhymes with 'ghost!' worries me(I'm worried that it's a virus )especially when there are usually four of them running at any particular time :o This is what I see when I press alt+ctrl+del (I'm using XP): Windows Task Manager: Image name |...

View more questions Search