Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 8, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Well this is surprising as well as very exciting! Anyone have two kids under 2 yrs?
    So I just got a positive pregnancy. I have an almost 6 month old and although this is unexpected, we are more then thrilled. So I am wondering what it is like having two kids under the age of two? My sister and I are 2.5 years apart and we did pretty well, but when the second baby is born, our son will be a year and a half...

Also we need ideas how to tell the grandparents (happily) thanks!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jun 9, 2008, 04:36 AM
    I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. To tell your parents why don't you put a big brother shirt on your little one when you take him to your parents house :) see how long it takes them to realize what his shirt says :)
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Jun 9, 2008, 06:31 AM
    When I get pregnant, I was going to have the ultra sound turned into a puzzle with the words 'hi gramma printed on the last piece that I would hold back from the puzzle until my mom had it done, then give her that piece. Dumb, I know, but original (I think)
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Jun 9, 2008, 07:15 AM
    I just had a baby and when I found I was pregnant my son was 8 months old don't get me wrong it is very hard but my son also is not walking yet do to prematurty but I love it it is so much fun!!
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Our kids ( my 1yr old and my boyfriend 2 yr old) play just fine it's a hand full at times (well a lot of the time) but I would have it any other way. Its great to watch them play at the park and at the house. You'll have fun with them and enjoy to watch them play and chatter together. I've learned that the more our kids chatter and share, and that's very important for at home and daycare or even when it comes time for them to go to school.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1025
    So I just got a positive pregnancy. I have an almost 6 month old and although this is unexpected, we are more then thrilled. So I am wondering what it is like having two kids under the age of two? My sister and I are 2.5 years apart and we did pretty well, but when the second baby is born, our son will be a year and a half...

Also we need ideas how to tell the grandparents (happily) thanks!
    Congrats! My first was under two when I had the second, but not by much. I purposely started trying to get pregnant when my first was a year old... and was fortunate to have it happen straight away. My others are fairly close together as well, although not quite that close. There were times it was hectic, but it was a lot of fun as well... :)
    A couple of the concerns many parents have when children are close in age, is will they have enough time for both, and will the oldest child feel short changed. You will be amazed at how well you manage your time... and by consciencely spending some individual time with both, you can be assured everyone will have their needs met.

You could get a big brother or big sister t-shirt for the first and see how long it takes the grandparents to catch on... :) If they don't live close by, take some pics and send them... maybe even on their own, without any note!

Jun 9, 2008, 03:27 PM
    My mom and Logan's mom (fiance) are both so unaware of surroundings like that so it will probably take them forever to realize about the shirt. I think I'll do it. Thanks everyone

Jun 11, 2008, 06:29 AM
    I did the shirt that said "Big Brother" on it and it took my mom well over an hour and a half to realize what it said. Then she still didn't even know what I was trying to tell her through it, so I ended up having to explain it to her. Thanks for the ideas
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 11, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Congrats to you!

My brother and I are 15m apart, my cousins are 10m apart. My mom and Aunt would tell you its hard, but do-able!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away [ 5 Answers ]

Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

80"s kids movie with a dinasour and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was little. It was a about kids that I believe found a dinasour that's all I can remember and it's driving me nuts! Help!

My kids are allowed to be kids! [ 1 Answers ]

We have been living in a condo (we own it, in BC Canada) for 11 months with our two young children; ages 3 years and 18 months. Our 3 yr old often puts a bit of a hop in her step when going from one room to another and likes to dance, play and be a kid; always within the hours of 9am to 9pm. The...

View more questions Search