Ask
    Keishasampat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Accounting journal entries
    How to make a journal entry for an error
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
    That's pretty vague. Considering there are about 3 billion different journal entries you could be making, there's 3 billion error corrections to go along with it. If it's unposted, erase it and do it correctly. If it's posted, you can reverse it out, and then make the correct one.

If it's for class, you need to follow whatever procedure they want you to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting preparing general journal entries [ 6 Answers ]

I know how to do simple general journal entries. Although I am having trouble how to set it up for this problem. I haven't done any general journal entreis like this one can someone help me with it how it suppost took I am confused. Shelton Engineering completed the following transactions in the...

Journal Entries & Adjusting Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Nov. 15- Purchased $1,600 of merchandise on account from Martin Co, terms 1/30; paid $60 of associated freight charges in cash. My answer: Merchandise Inventory $1600 Accounts Payable $1600 Cash $60 Freight Expense $60...

Bond Payments and Journal and Journal Entries [ 0 Answers ]

What is the adjusting entry at Dec 31, 2007 for this problem? Problem: Logan Corporation issued 800000 of 8% bonds on October 1, 200, due on October 1, 2011. The interest is to be paid twice a year on April 1 and October 1. The bonds were sold to yield 10% effective annual interest.

Journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone help me with these journal entries? 1. Alli's employee, Jen and John the mechanic began working. Jen earns $1000 each mth plus commissions equal to $750 per car sold by the dealership. John earns $2500 /mth straight salary. The two employees are paid on the fifth day of the mth for...

Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

I have two more questions I would like you please check for me if you could. Question 1: Received a telephone bill for August, which is to be paid next month, $160. DB Accounts Payable & Credit Telephone Expense Question 2: Completed the series of advertisements for Marsh Tire Company...

View more questions Search