Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pejmul10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 04:46 AM
    I am being harassed by my neighbor.
    For the last three days, my neighbors and I have been harassed by another neighbor. We live in an apartment complex. He was always giving my neighbors problems, which they had called the police several times, but only started on me Thursday night. The only reason he started on me is because my good neighbors used my phone to call the police the second time that night, and one of them lit a ciggerette on my stove and somehow caused my home to fill with smoke, and I happened to be outside with them when the police came. Right after the cop left, he started in on me, threatening to call children services, calling me a fat b#### and cow. I called my husband who was calling the police as he was pulling in. I should mention he was threatening us with physical violence. He kept telling us to come up on the his porch and fight him. The officer who came that night, all three times, talked to me the last time he came and told me the guy was on parole, and he was going to call his P.O and hopefully she will have him arrested. One of our neighbors told him he saw the whole thing. The next day my neighbors had to call AGAIN, fourth time in 24 hours, and 7 times in a month. This officer came around the corner and treated my neighbor like she was the criminal. This guy said he is never home, and that he never said anything.. all the neighbors know he's a trouble maker. It also contradicts what was told the officer the night before. This officer told my neighbor and this guy that if he gets one more call, he was going to cite everyone. He said he was on duty this weekend, and he didn't want to deal with it. Now every time we walk out of our home, he can say and do what he wants, and we can do nothing about it. Isn't this harassment? I was told there's no such thing as harassment around here... can that be true? I live in Wayne county, Ohio. He did call csb on me, told them my husband was beating my kids in our van with a belt. My husband never did this, and I know he called, he bragged about it. WHat can I do? Ive even complained to the landlord.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Hello p:

I'd move. Ain't nobody going to help you.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Get a camcorder and record them doing it. Use cell phone with recorder to tape them. Or ignore them as you walk past them
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 09:55 AM
    I agree... I would stop calling the police and start ignoring them... That'll irritate them even more.

Sometimes there isn't justice and you have to learn to live with that.

I would talk to your land lord and see if this is a good enough reason to breka your lease (harrassment), and move.
    armymomof2 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pejmul10
    For the last three days, my neighbors and I have been harassed by another neighbor. We live in an apartment complex. He was always giving my neighbors problems, which they had called the police several times, but only started on me Thursday night. The only reason he started on me is because my good neighbors used my phone to call the police the second time that night, and one of them lit a ciggerette on my stove and somehow caused my home to fill with smoke, and I happened to be outside with them when the police came. Right after the cop left, he started in on me, threatening to call children services, calling me a fat b#### and cow. I called my husband who was calling the police as he was pulling in. I should mention he was threatening us with physical violence. He kept telling us to come up on the his porch and fight him. The officer who came that night, all three times, talked to me the last time he came and told me the guy was on parole, and he was going to call his P.O and hopefully she will have him arrested. One of our neighbors told him he saw the whole thing. The next day my neighbors had to call AGAIN, fourth time in 24 hours, and 7 times in a month. This officer came around the corner and treated my neighbor like she was the criminal. This guy said he is never home, and that he never said anything..all the neighbors know hes a trouble maker. It also contradicts what was told the officer the night before. This officer told my neighbor and this guy that if he gets one more call, he was going to cite everyone. He said he was on duty this weekend, and he didnt want to deal with it. Now everytime we walk out of our home, he can say and do what he wants, and we can do nothing about it. Isnt this harassment? I was told theres no such thing as harassment around here...can that be true? I live in Wayne county, ohio. He did call csb on me, told them my husband was beating my kids in our van with a belt. My husband never did this, and i know he called, he bragged about it. WHat can I do? Ive even complained to the landlord.
    Look up Borderline Personality Disorder, and keep away from this individual at all cost. Don't reply to anything, not even a text message.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Did you get the name and/or badge numbers of the both officers? Follow-up with the first officer and ask whether he talked to the neighbor's PO. Get the name of the second officer's superior and report him.

The second officer was way out of line. There is a history against this person and for second officer to threaten complainants is not doing his duty and he should be reprimanded for it.

Get the neighbor's organized. If a police officer starts to cite a complainant, then get the other neighbors involved. What happened with the CSB investigation? If it was proved false, you may be able to use that to get a restraining order against this person which could force him to move.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:45 PM
    They tell us that where I live too because they do not want to deal with domestic/neighborhood problems and often they don't even keep records of any of it so then it can be hard proving when you called and what happened but still do what all the others said just to cover your back if nothing else.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
    If this is Wooster, does not surprise me. If it was the Wayne County Sheriff Dept then Sheriff Maurer would be really upset to hear this scenerio as he prides himself on a professional dept. The city bunch are not that professional versus the Sheriff's deputies who are very cool and collected and know how to deal with these types of individuals. I have one neighbor next to me who gave me problems in the past and the deputies took the wind out of the neighbor's sails and he's been quite ever since and he even wrote a note threatening me bodily harm and left it on my front door. Please remember there are many bipolar individuals up in this area and this guy sounds very much like how a bipolar would act. They are very cunning and convincing because they believe their lies and can manipulate others.

Please check with the one officer to see if the PO was spoken to. If you are still harassed by this person, then may I suggest that you and the other neighbors go in person to the Probation/Parole office in downtown Wooster at the courthouse and speak with someone there as this individual is certainly out of control and could turn very dangerous and violent over absolutely nothing at all. Please don't call them as you will get further with this problem in person as those people at the PO do not play games and don't like innocent citizens harassed. You have no idea what his original crime was and how long he stayed in prison for it. You will then be formally notifying the PO and the parole office to do their job and look into the out of control behavior of this man.

Anyone can call children's services about anything whether the allegation is true or not - even if he brags about it. I had a neighbor many years ago who would do just that - call in horrendous allegations about my husband beating my son in the front yard and they would come out and not find a mark on my son. The neighbor would stand across the street and gloat and yell at the top of his lungs he did it and he hoped we had fun with home wreckers. There was nothing I could do about his false allegations as believe me I tried to do something about the almost weekly calls this man made to children's services. The caseworker just came out, filled out a few papers and left after awhile she would only stay about 30 minutes and we'd talk about any and everything once it was established that my son was not injured or beaten. They knew the guy across the street was nuts and they had to do their job and show up anyway. Unfortunately that jerk was not on parole or he would not have gotten away with the things he did to my family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend being harassed by neighbor [ 20 Answers ]

I have a friend in my neighborhood who is being harassed by his next door neighbor. He's calling the city on all kinds of violations ( some warranted), he looks into my friends home, spies on his wife, peeks over his fence, and is generally making his life miserable. Has anyone else had a neighbor...

Harassed by ex-husband [ 2 Answers ]

I've been divorced since 2001. In 2003 I was living in CA, my ex was had visitations on Wed & every other weekend. Child support at that time $1,300/mo. For three kids. During that time I was driving 2 hours a day to & from work when the opportunity came from my employer to move to Las Vegas - I...

Neighbor woman harassed family what can I do [ 7 Answers ]

My children and I have been living in fear for 2 years now, a neighbor woman and her 'friends', have stalked, harassed, had property damage, etc... After calling police many times, were told, "get proof", then to "move", OK, now I have proof. And after emotional, financial and physical distress, I...

Harassed [ 4 Answers ]

Okay here's my question. Just recently me, my husband and my 3 kids moved. Upon moving we met the neighbors (which were cool people). The gentleman across the street was real friendly, he lived there with his mom- okay no big deal right. Well one day I came home from work and I waved to him (my...

Cats being harassed! [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 cats are related they're mother and daughter, both are spayed also, but I'm having problems with the big male who fathered my eldests kittens, my cats come and go through my kitchen window and for the past few weeks this big male has been following my 2 all ova, wherever they go he turns up....

View more questions Search