Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanrj Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Need to start bottle feed and some baby food for my 5month old son
    Hi, my baby is 5month old and only on breast feed; he is having lack of sleep as he gets up in every 30mins to 1 hour for milk in night. As I spoke to doc he asked me to start 1-2 time bottle feed as breast milk is not enough for him, I tried my best to feed him with bottle (formula and pumped breast milk) but he is not ready to take I kept him almost 8-9 hungry but still crying and not ready to take bottle bcoz of crying he gets fever also….. then doc said start some cereal(Rice) or some infant biscuits, he is not even taking that I am a working lady by next month I have to start working and I have to keep my baby in child care and like own mother they can't run behind him to feed him when he is not ready to take. I am so worried don’t know what to do need to start some baby food and bottle feed for him can any one give me some good tips that can help me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 05:34 AM
    You could put a small bit of honey on the nipple to attract the baby. Make it interesting and that might work to encourage bottle feeding.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Honey is not a food a 5 month old should be taking in as it has live bacteria in that can cause a small child harm.

Have you even considered the fact the poor little mite could well be teething?? They loose there apatite as would anyone, as for baby cereal that stuff has the same nutritional content as wall paper paste try a flavoured dried food and make it up with your milk not water ( extra fat intake)
    As for the bottle persevere it's a new thing and like everything new it takes a few goes till we get used to it.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Also, most baby's are not reaady for solid fod till 6th month. Try having someone else give her the bottle, she may ake it when you are not around.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jun 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
    When my son was about 5 months old right before we started him on solids, I added a little bit of cereal to his bottle about 1 - 2 tablespoons (but since they can get quit plump by doing that) I started spoon feeding him cereal mixed with breast milk or formula.You can also try something like applesauce or bananas.

Also, like curlybenswife suggested, he might be teething.My second son started when he was 3 months old! Yikes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What food to feed a 15year old dog?1 [ 3 Answers ]

Our family dog is old and the past week she has refused to eat anything. The vets said she had nothing wrong with her and gave us some steroids. We have tried everything even chocolate which the vet suggested and reice with chicken but to no avail. My mum is very worried because she wants her to go...

Mom dog won't eat and I don't know how much and how often to bottle feed puppies. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had puppies, they are now 12 days old. She has now stopped eating and I don't know what to do. How much should I feed the puppies and how often? I will try to help her eat but what do I do about the puppies? I need help!!

When should I feed my dog adult dog food? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chocolat lab that just turned 1, and I'm wondering when do I stop feeding her puppy food? Omar

Is it okay to feed baby table food? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 11 months old and we have been feeding him from the table, eating the same things that we do. He seems to enjoy it and doesn't seem to upset his stomach. Though lately I have noticed his stool having a very foul stench. I can only compare it to a dead animal... :D it really is that...

What is the best food to feed your dog ? And does nupro works? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know what is the best food to feed my pitbull I am currently feeding him pedigree but he doesn't eat what is necessary for him I mean he is suppose to eat like 3-5 cups and I'm lucky if he eats at least 1 cup and what should I do to make my dog eat what he is suppose to eat...

View more questions Search