Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Wireless connection with D-LINK router
    I have D-LINK DI-624+.

At first I couldn't get into page http://192.168.0.1 but I connected my PC to LAN side of the D-LINK according to advice from this site. And everything was fine until I saved my changes and restarted. Immediately after that my computer says "network cable is unplugged" and cannot make internet connection via D-LINK. Only via modem cable. I tried to search wireless connection (with my Odyssey) too but computer founds only a list of other wireless connections, not the one I tried to create with my D-LINK.

Can you help me? I can't get connected to my D-LINK. Wireless connection is not working. I can't get to configuration menu site because LAN stopped working. How can I reconnect via D-LINK? And create wireless connection?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 09:20 PM
    First, get your WIRED connection working again so you can configure the D-LINK router. If you changed the router's LAN ip address and don't remember it you may need to start over by resetting the router to it's factory default configuration by pressing and holding the 'reset' button on the back for 10 seconds and then releasing while the power is ON. You will need a record of the WAN addressing settings from your ISP too before doing this.

After doing this, to access the web configuration page of the router the computer will also need to be configured for the same network subnet as the router with an IP address of 192.168.0.x, where x is a number between 2 and 254, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, and default gateway is 192.168.0.1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

D- Link DI-524 router [ 1 Answers ]

I can not log in to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.15.1. Tech support is not available any more suggestions?

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

View more questions Search