Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Hello again:

Froggy is right. I misread the letter. My advice, however, hasn't changed.

Reasonable and proper notice would be, "I'll be there tomorrow at 10:00 AM". Anything OTHER than that, isn't very reasonable at all. I'll be there sometime after the 16th is a warning. It isn't notice.

excon
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 05:04 PM
    The County where my son lives in a metro area is starting a new system July 1.
    Apartment renters have to arrange for and pay for (plus a $ 40 application fee for a permit) an inspection once a year. The inspections are farmed out to private safety qualified inspection companies who have to certify that the apartment is safe, especially smoke detecors, electrical etc.
    I only mention this because this will be a way for the "authorities" to get into apartments but the tenant schedules it with the company so notice is a moot point.
    gingerrogers77 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2008, 06:00 PM
    We went today and met with someone else in the management department and were advised to renew our lease and speak with the manager about the situation. Apparently, the complex knows that contracted workers sometimes get nasty a make up stories so they can get paid and try not to show their incompetence. As for the complex, we were told that everyone who lives here has boxes in their homes and every apartment can be a fire hazard at any given time! They stated there are two sides to each story! Well, we were told to speak with her and not to "worry."

:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Threads merged
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Ginggerrogers77 - Fr_Chuck gave you some good advice, You should Fllow it . Also you said the complex apt's. Do even have windows?? If they are built the way Im thinking ,they are only a big fire trap , and I know that the ( FIRE MARSHALL IS NOT GOING TO LIKE THSAT ONE LITTLE BIT, Sounds to me like it is not built to any FIRE CODE ANYWHERE ;; GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS , PS -REPORT THE INSTALLER TO HIS CO MANAGER OR SUPT> ::: F.B.E.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 09:39 PM
    My $.02. You said you turned off the outlet. Suggest locking out the breaker even if it's the lockout device and a ty-wrap as a lockout. You can also put those baby protectors in the outlet or purchase a tamper proof outlet.

Phone:
    About 5V DC on hook and current limited
    About 50V off hook and current limited

About 90 VAC 20 Hz while ringing.

I could find an RJ45 (network) dust (cap/cover), but could not find one for RJ11 (telephone)
    gingerrogers77 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2008, 07:15 AM

NEWS FLASH:

WE WERE CONTACTED BY THE MANAGEMENT OF THE APARTMENT COMPLEX AND SHE CONSULTED WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE AND DECIDED THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK US TO MOVE! WE DID SOME INVESTIGATING OURSELVES (FIRE MARSHALL, LEGALITIES, LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT) AND FOUND THAT OUR BOXES ARE NOT A FIRE HAZARD BUT THE PREFERRED METHOD WOULD BE PLASTIC CONTAINERS. WE HAVE PURCHASED THE PLASTIC CONTAINERS AND ARE ON OUR WAY TO TRANSFERRING THE DOLLS. AS FOR OUR LEASE IT IS GOOD FOR ONE YEAR AND CANNOT BE REFUSED BECAUSE OF THE DOLLS. IF ANY TYPE OF ADDEDUM IS ADDED TO OUR LEASE TO PREVENT US FROM KEEPING THEM, THEN THE ENTIRE COMPLEX WOULD HAVE TO REWRITE ALL THE LEASES TO SUIT IT AS WELL.

WE HAVE TO STATE THAT THIS WEBSITE ROCKS AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL ARE THE BEST, CONSIDERATE, AND WONDERFUL FOR TAKING TIME TO SPEAK WITH US. WE HAD AN AWFUL TIME DEALING WITH THIS AND IMAGING WHERE IN 30-DAYS WE WOULD MOVE TOO BUT YOU GUYS HELPED US EASE UP A LITTLE AND GAVE US SOME AMMUNITION TO COME TO AN AMICABLE AGREEMENT WITH OUR COMPLEX!

THANKS AGAIN AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire boxes [ 7 Answers ]

Fireboxes: I purchased an exterior portable fire box that sits on the deck. Do I use coals or wood in to burn in the fire box.

Is dust in electrical outlet boxes a fire hazard? [ 12 Answers ]

I've been changing out all my electrical outlets and switches because they were beige and I like white... anyway I find that some of the electrical outlet boxes are full of dust. I pulled out the shop vac and took care of it and I noticed it was outlets that are powering something constantly (ie:...

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

Electrical boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I think I have an unique problem. I have a 4"x4"x6' space which is all wall board above a pass through. I have 3 small wall sconces I want to mount above the pass through. The problem is the wall board. How do I attach the electrical boxes so I can mount the light fixtures? At this point I have the...

Fire Hazard? [ 4 Answers ]

Our cat chewed into 1/2 (wires cut on one side of cord) of a power cord attached to an aquarium filter. Would it be safe to completely cut the cord into 2 pieces, strip off parial outer cord covering, twist the 2 sets of wires back together and then cover it all with electircal tape? This thing...

View more questions Search