Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sikesel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 01:14 AM
    I'd like a comparason of Trane vs Carrier 2 Ton elec cool/propane heat units
    I am getting bids to replace my AC system and would like a comparason of 2 Ton units with heat pump electric cool, propane heat. Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 29, 2008, 02:05 AM
    What are you exactly looking for?
    The name brand is not near as important and the install.
    You can take good equipment and turn it into junk with a bad install.
    Both Carrier and Trane are good units.
    Now if you want to save some big heating dollars go with a heat pump instead of just plain A/C. With propane prices going up and up a heat pump will save you much $$$$$.

May 29, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Thanks for the answer. I am looking at 2 ton units w/heat pump elec cool/propane heat and one company has been in business locally for more that 15 yrs. It is the one I am leaning toward. The cost difference is 150 more for the Carrier than the Trane.:)

May 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
    In that case go Carrier. I have to admit I have a soft spot for Carrier. In my much younger days I sold a boat load of there equipment. I still go to some of there training classes and I still help work in there train the trainer program.

They have the best repair parts network of all the manufactures. This is important if you ever need a part in a hurry.

Get the 10 year (factory) extended parts and labor warranty. It is well worth it for piece of mind. NOTE: I said factory warranty not some made up warranty by the dealer. This way if the dealer goes out of business you still have a warranty.

May 29, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Again, thanks for the info. I still am leaning toward the Trane because the dealer is local, in business here for over 15 yrs. Your point about the warranty is good also.

May 29, 2008, 06:16 AM
    All of us here try to help whenever possible. Enjoy your new system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane vs Carrier AC/heat system? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Florida and in the process of choosing a new system for my AC/Heat. My decision is between Trane and Carrier. We are looking a using a reputable dealer/installer so that is not a problem. The system we are looking at using is a 13 SEER unit with a variable speed air handler...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

TRANE XL80 Propane Furnace not working [ 1 Answers ]

TRANE XL80 Propane Furnace not working I have an older TRANE XL80 (1989) recently quit working. I discovered the ignitor was not glowing and traced it to a bad relay in the control module. I had the relay replaced, now the ignitor will come on and the unit fires up but will only burn for about...

Trane XE 80-blowing out cool air [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 80 gas furnace -it is blowing out cool air. I have it set on 72 it shows it is only 65 in the house. Is there a way to trouble shoot this before calling a repairman?

Trane Propane Gas Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have a Trane downflow horizonal gas furnace that was installed new in the spring of 2000. It has worked great until now. When the heat is turned on the furnace works fine and supplies heat. When the thermostat is satisifed it turns off. When heat is required again the thermostat...

View more questions Search