Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Vent pipe from toilet
    I have a very fowl odor that is coming from our vent pipe outside. We have tried to put an extended pipe, but depending on which way the wind blows, it gets very bad. It also smells sometimes in our basement. Is there something that I can do to stop the smell?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Does your vent pipe terminate above the roof line of the house? Vent pipes carry sewer gas out of the house and allow air back inside your drains to allow good drainage without gurgling.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 28, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockies
    I have a very fowl odor that is coming from our vent pipe outside. We have tried to put an extended pipe, but depending on which way the wind blows, it gets very bad. It also smells sometimes in our basement. Is there something that I can do to stop the smell?
    Glad you asked, Click on;OdorHog(tm), roof vent pipe filter that stops septic tank odor. 1-800-963-6746 to find Odor-Hog roof vents,(see image) good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vent pipe for a toilet in the basement [ 3 Answers ]

This home was built in 2001. Question #1: I had the builder prep my toilet, shower and sink for a future bathroom in the basement which is on concrete. Are these/should these drain pipes be tide into the vent pipe for the house or do I need to do something for that? Please advise. Question...

Vent pipe turned into drain pipe and drain pipe into vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently began to remodel my laundry room. I wanted to move the washing machine 3 ft from its current spot. When I removed the sheet rock I found that the vent pipe is between the current washing machine drain and where I am moving my washing machine. I wanted to avoid breaking into the slab....

Toilet vent pipe diameter? [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new toilet in a remodeled bathroom. The toilet is going to be placed where I cannot instal a vent pipe greater than 1.5" diameter because of existing obstructions. I understand that a vent pipe for a toilet should be 2" diameter minimum. Will the toilet flush properly with this...

Replace Lead Pipe from Toilet to Hubless Waste Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My house is a craftsman style house from 1912 in Oakland, California. I have a big hole in a 24" horizontal lead pipe that bends at 90 degrees and connects the only toilet in the house to the hubless waste pipe. How do I go about removing the lead pipe? (What tools do I need and what type of...

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

View more questions Search