Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    millersk8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Puppy not eating
    I just got a 9-week old puppy. I am having trouble getting him to eat. Also, the breeder said she treated him with Frontline. However, he still has fleas. What can I give him to eat? He seems very lethargic.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 05:16 PM
    YOu can give him a bath and drown out the fleas. Wet his head first or they will run to the top of his head any type of mild doggy shampoo should work. DO not use a flea wash. Or you can get a finetoothed flea comb and comb him drop the fleas in soapy water and
    Drown them. If you bath him make sure to keep him very warm during and after.

Honestly if I were you I would be taking him to the vet for a check up. You need to ask about vaccinations and keeping him safe from being exposed to the parvo virus.

As for the feeding try feeding him the same product the breeder was feeding him or ask the ver for a recommendation. According to what breed he may only need a small amount a few times a day, it may not seem much to you but a lot for a tiny stomach. Also make sure he is drinking plenty of water and having wee's and poo's. He may just need to get used ot his new surrondings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

8wk old puppy not eating [ 25 Answers ]

My mother just bought a chihuahua/blue healer mix from the local shelter 6 days ago. I was visiting her house (she lives in Florida and I'm in Maryland) and saw the puppy happy and energetic. He weighed about 2 pounds. Apparently two days ago a neighbor of hers gave him some dry cat food (DUMB)!...

Puppy Not Eating! [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 week old boston terrier puppy isn't eating. We've been feeding him soft food, with a little kibble which has been working fine for about a week, and just today he started not eating and is acting a little strange. I don't know what it could be and I'm really worried about him! Please help!

New puppy not eating [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I just adopted 2 puppies from an Animal rescue, one puppy is very active and playful, eats and drinks well. The other puppy has not eaten in 2 days, drinks some water, and sleeps all the time, even when we take him out to potty. I took them to the vet today and the vet said to put...

Puppy Not Eating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 8 month old Dogue De Bordeaux and he has not been eating the last couple of days. We did move into a new house last week. He does eat a coupl ebites then just leaves the rest. I was wondering if he is not eating because he needs to adapt to his new surroundings or if I should take him...

:( Dog/Puppy not eating [ 1 Answers ]

I received a dog/puppy from a person who wasn't taking very good care of here, She refuses to eat dry food, she will only eat fresh meat or canned meat chunks, I've been feeding her porkribs with her dry food, but it's not working so well. Do you know how I can get her to eat dry food?

View more questions Search