Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacyeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Definition of disability
    I want to know if I am disable or not.
    I have been diagonsed nerve deaf on my right ear since 2005. Many test shown that there is no improvement from my hearing. Although I have been prescribed a hearing aid but the consultant already warned me that it would not help my hearing as my nerve were dead and cannot send the sound to my brain. So, am I disable? Can I claim disable allowance? Thanks for reply. Jc
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:13 PM
    I don't believe you would qualify for disability. Being deaf is not sufficient to qualify you. It will not keep you from being able to hold a job and earn money. Sorry.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 02:04 PM
    You will have a disability, but it is not enough to collect disablility payments. If for example perfect hearing is required on your job, you may get a temp payment if you have disability insurance until you can be trained or transferred to another job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phrase definition [ 4 Answers ]

What would be your definition of a defeatist attitude?

Definition of Science [ 2 Answers ]

This may seem like a easy question but my kids had to give a definition of the word science. Sound easy enough right? We looked EVERYWHERE. It wasn't even in their science book. We looked on the internet. Am I missing something? I know there are all types of science. But how do you define it?...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

Flirting, a definition. [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so... I'm not the shyest of guys I know what to say and what to do to get a girl thinking about me, Its not a bad/ sleazy thing at all, because sleaziness is taking it to the next level. So what I want to ask is... What is involved in flirting? People say I do it... and people say girls...

View more questions Search