Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reader2go Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher: Lock On Button Issue
    Hello, I own a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model 665. The Lock On light continues to flash red. I reviewed the manual following the instructions of the NO HEAT DRY 'lock button' to hold for 4 seconds to Unlock but this has not worked. The Lock On Light continues to flash red and I'm unable to start a wash cycle. I checked the fuse and all is good. Can anyone advise if your dishwasher has had this issue and how you resolved? Thank you! :)
    Fkucera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 05:46 PM

I tried all other fixes to no avail. So I turned off the power to the dishwasher. Then I disassembled the washer door latch and noticed that it did not open and close very much. It was coated in sticky yuccy stuff. Then I washed it in hot soapy and water and blew it dry with my air compressor. Then I WD-40ed it and blew it out with my air compressor again. Now it opened and closed the electrical contacts very crisply and with a much wider angle. The door switch was not actuating fully and so the control panel was getting a "door not shut" code and would not turn the unit on. Then I turned the power back on and hit the start button... viola... it worked very well...
    foxtale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Had this issue with our Ultra Wash Dishwasher. We've had it 12 years with no problems. Tried the holding different buttons for 4-6 seconds and sequential buttons with no results. Tried cutting power off and then on. No luck.

Fkucera gave me the idea to disassemble the inside panel of the door (three screws on the sides and 2 at the latch) to lift it from the front, then lifted the black cover off (trigger points at left and right sides) the electrical area to access the door latch assembly. I jiggled that loose from the door to take a look and it was a bit sticky. Instead of using an air compressor, I dipped a soft bristle toothbrush in rubbing alcohol and liberally cleaned all moving parts and crevices. Hold it over a dish to catch the drips. I wiped it dry with a paper towel real good, blew a little over it to help evaporate the alcohol, then began to put it all back together.

As I was assembling it back, I took notice of how (at the top center on the box side) the metal tab will slide up the black plastic bit and snap down to engage the mechanism (white plastic) that pops the handle as you close the door. It is entirely possible that the tension was not enough to snap it far enough down. I adjusted the tab ever so slightly down. We waited a little longer before restoring the power, just to be certain it was completely dry. I am happy to report the light was no longer flashing! I am running a load of dishes as I am writing this note! Good Luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore ultra wash model 665 control lock [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore ultra Wash 665 SN# FH1513502 Model# 15955 my washer is in control lock and when I depress the start button the lED flashes three times, What is the problem and how do I correct it

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher will not drain when finished. What are my options?

View more questions Search