Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steelfitter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Barke rotors 2004 toyota coralla
    I can not get the rotors off does the nut have to come off?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 11:58 AM
    May apply to your car, Many have to have the Calipers removed first, remove grease cap,
    Nut, be careful as Bearings can fall out, Keep everything clean. Inspect your bearings and races for wear.
    I would remove wheel before removing rotor.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
    The front rotors on your '04 Corolla are floating rotors. Meaning they just simply slip off the hub once the brake caliper is removed. The bearing assy is a sealed pressed into the hub. No need to go there. No big nut removal.
    The rotor has most likely seized onto the hub surface from rust. Best way to remove is let soak in a good rust penetrant. Then with a soft blow hammer with the wheel turned give it a few wacks to bust it loose.
    Match mark the spot on the hub before removal. Put it back the same way. Good luck.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Say Kitch, since the rotors float, I am guessing 1 side of Caliper is Fixed?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Say Kitch, since the rotors float, I am guessing 1 side of Caliper is Fixed?
    Correct. The wheel actually keeps the rotor pressed againt the hub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should Rotors be changed with brake pads every time? [ 7 Answers ]

My Saab dealer tells me my rear pads are wearing down and says the rotors need to be changed out too, apparently because they cannot be "turned". What does that mean? Or is this a way for car dealers to mark up prices. I also remember my sister complaining that her VW needed the same kind of...

Removing rear rotors 04 F-150 [ 3 Answers ]

I have removed and replaced the brake rotors of my 04 F-150. No problem. The rear rotors will not budge. Any tricks or solutions?

How do I remove rotors from car [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace the pads and rotors on my 1991 Buick Park Avenue. I have done this on Ford products but I am not sure if it is the same on a Buick. Are there any "tricks" to removing the old rotors? Thank you for your help.

Not rotors or tie rods [ 2 Answers ]

wussup ladies and gentlemen. My vibation problem is still occurring. I have received sum good replies. At various speeds my car shakes. Sometimes it feels like its in the whole car. Could my problem be transmission mounts?

1999 Lincoln Town Car Brake Rotors [ 1 Answers ]

I know that the calipers have to be removed to pull the front rotors. Does the mounting bracket for the calipers also have to be removed?

View more questions Search