Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DianaFig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Framing basement wall
    How do I secure wood framing to a concrete wall or floor?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 25, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Don't secure to the wall but you can glue and nail to the floor with a Remington 22 cal nail gun. Rent or buy for $20. Make sure your floor plate is pressure treated lumber.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 03:25 PM
    This is probably the best/easiest way. Tapcons are special concrete screws.

There is a FASTER way, using a power actuated gun which fires a blank (like from a gun) that drives a nail through the 2x4 and into the concrete. However, it is pretty aggressive on the floor and could cause it to crack.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    junglenutz123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaFig
    How do i secure wood framing to a concrete wall or floor?
    Just get some concrete nails or screws I personally like the screws sometimes might have to predrill the holes. Good luck

May 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Wally " there is a faster way" did you read my post above yours?
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

May 25, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Ballenger has not only the fastest way but in my opinion the easiest as well. Follow his instructions and use the remington and pressure treated lumber. When you use the remington wear ear protection and goggles it makes quite a noise. GOOD LUCK, AC

May 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
    The best thing about the Remington nail gun is when I fire it and grab my chest, the look on the crews faces is priceless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Framing interior door in non bearing wall [ 1 Answers ]

Can I toe-nail header into a bearing stud (king) on one side and use jack and king on other to keep door tight to one side of an existing opening that I am making smaller?

Can wood framing be anchored into concrete wall [ 4 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Remodeling my infinished basement on new home. As usual, when the builder built the home, all duct work, vents, gas lines and electrical was installed BELOW the main floor floor joists, and these items hang below the top plate at edge of concrete wall. The concrete wall is almost...

Basement framing question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a rough in for a basement bathroom and have a few questions... 1. If I am going to put a shower enclosure in, should I frame behind it or just have plastic moisture barrier against the concrete with the fiberglass enclosure over that?

New framing on old wall [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to undertake some remodeling on my master bath and let me explain the setup first. From my master bad to the sink area of the bathroom there is a half wall with 2 supports because it is a load bearing wall. I want to tear this out and put a pocket door in and make the wall a full one. ...

Wood or Metal framing for my basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am in the planning stages of finishing my basement. My question is whether I should use wood or metal for the stud walls. Everything I've read indicates that metal is much easier to work with and, while researching the price of lumber and the metal studs, I discovered that there...

View more questions Search