Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 07:33 AM
    What is mean by Float charging & boost charging?
    Respected sir,

I want to know what is mean by battery boost charging And battery float charging? And how it works ? And which one is best for lead acid battery?
    1lastkissb4ugo Posts: 30, Reputation: -1

May 25, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Well that depends to what type of battery and what it is for.
    hari_kumarkp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 04:14 AM
    In float charging normally the load current is supplied from the charger output and battery is fed a low current of 2 to 3 amps depending on the AH capacity of battery.When ac supply fails or charger fails the load is supplied from the battery and when supply is restored if the battery is deep discharged battery is charged in boost mode with higher voltage and current to reach the required AH.
    Normally all chargers are having boost and float capacity it will change to that mode depending on the application or usage automatically or manually depending on the charger.
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2012, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hari_kumarkp View Post
    In float charging normally the load current is supplied from the charger output and battery is fed a low current of 2 to 3 amps depending on the AH capacity of battery.When ac supply fails or charger fails the load is supplied from the battery and when supply is restored if the battery is deep discharged battery is charged in boost mode with higher voltage and current to reach the required AH.
    Normally all chargers are having boost and float capacity it will change to that mode depending on the application or usage automatically or manually depending on the charger.
    Are all battery chargers and batteries suitable for float/boost charging

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Powerwashing/charging [ 8 Answers ]

Im wanting to powerwash driveways, sidewalks ext... On my flyers should I put my prices on them. And how much should I charge for a driveway. And how much for "joint caulking" the driveways? How many flyers should I start with. Any comments help Thxs

81 ramcharger charging [ 1 Answers ]

I have a1981 ramcharger with a 318 motor I replaced the alternator and voltage regulator still not charging what whould be my problem

Refrigerant charging [ 3 Answers ]

How do I charge systems using Puron or refrigerant 410A?

12.5 not charging [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 12.5 brigs twin engine that is not charging. Is there a voltage regulator, does the starter also charge the battery?

View more questions Search