Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plt831 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Norton Protection Center
    I still have the above named icon in my menu tray at lower right of screen. I used my search site and found 9 Norton files. I have been able to delete all but 1 now. The file
    Is listed as C:\Program Files\Symantec. I can not delete this file, and the icon in the tray does not have an option on right click to delete.

Can anyone help me get Norton out of my hard drive? I am not a seasoned techie, so I need simple exact directions or tell me I need to take it somewhere to have it done.
    Thank you
    plt831
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 10:09 AM
    You need to delete this program using the delete program - not delete each file individually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Virus that Norton can't FIX [ 4 Answers ]

Its called win32.mixor!inf.. Nortons detects it, but can't repair it! And even if it tries to quarantine it, it says acces to file was denied. Like my computer also detects it (Windows Xp) then there's this bubble that won't stop appearing saying that my computer is infected! :mad: :mad: It...

Norton or AVG [ 3 Answers ]

I run Windows XP and norton anti virus but I still get viruses so I downloaded AVG but I'ts making my machine run slowly - do I need both? Can I get rid of Norton and still be protected? How can I speed up my machine? I've run disk cleanup, I don't have temp files cloggin it up, since...

Norton Anti Virus Protection [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone use this, if so, I need help. I know that with window updates, you need to download all critical updates. I assumed the same to be true with this program. Guys I normally use the computer in my office, that is maintained by a computer department. So I am learning the hard way. As...

View more questions Search