Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spartan74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Girlfriend loves me BUT she doent want to have a relationship with me
    Hello everyone. I used to live in UK (9 years) but my origins are Greek. I was in a long term relationship (19 months) when I and my girlfriend split up (if you can say that). We had few problems mainly with trust as I caught her being out drinking and flirting. We had our arguments but she promised me that she would stop drinking as it was the main problem. When she was drinking it proved very hard for her to control herself. To add, she never cheated on me but she was acting in a very provocative way even with one of ex. Down the line, she left me without having said anything (I just returned back home and she had taken the majority of her stuff - we were leaving together for 5 months by that time). I called her and she didn't even want to talk to me but she said that she loves me but she doesn't want to be with me because of this trust issue (bear in mind that we went the same through the same situation at least four times - or her attitude and drinking behaviour - despite the promises that it won't happen again). After 2 weeks I decided to return to greece to take a decision about my life as I wasn't happy at all in UK - in all aspects including career. I left and even then she said that I won't be with you even if I love you - in addition she added that she doesn't want to be with anyone else as I am the man of her life. When I went to greece I decided that I'm going to leave UK for good. When I returned after a week I let her know that I'm leaving and it would be nice if she could come and take the remaining of her stuff. We ended up sleeping together for the last four days and she wanted to spent them with me. We carried on communicating over the phone and she carried on saying that she is addicted to me and she solves me and she couldn't be with someelse other than me BUT she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. After a week she asked to have "radio silence" for a month. After a month she agreed to come and visit me in Greece because she still loves me but she doesn't want to feel pressurised about us talking about our future (I have already asked her to come and live with me in Greece). The problem is that she is she's getting influenced by her friends and family - especially her sister that we don't have good relations anyway as she things that I don't want her sister to enjoy her life). IN a week time she's coming over to visit me for couple of weeks. The problem is that I still have feelings for her BUT she still insists that she loves me loads but she doesn't want to have a relationship with me (or with anyone else). I really don't know what to do. Would she ever change her mind? Please respond
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 03:11 PM
    I really don't think she will, and seeing her, and being intimate won't help you at all, and you will never heal as long as she can come, and go as she pleases. If you want friends with benefits fine, you got it, and she seems agreeable for now. If you want more forget it, it will not happen. If moving on to better things is what you need, then leaving her alone is your best bet.
    ka1111 Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2008, 01:17 AM
    Malakismenes gkomenes,theomourles oles tous...
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

May 26, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Simfono me ton ka1111 :]
    --
    I agree with tal.. it's like you're dragging a dead corpse along with you that you won't let go of.. It's only bringing you more pain and sorrow - just bury it and walk away.
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 05:52 AM
    All right you two, english please.
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

May 26, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Basic translation to what ka111 said is: women are crazy.
    For the other readers on the thread :]
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 09:08 AM
    They sure are.
    kalinova Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 10:36 AM
    My best advice is to move on. She obviously doesn't know what she wants and doesn't have a mind of her own to make decisions on who she wants to be with. When your in a relationship you have to compromise on some things and she is not willing to compromise her drinking and flirting with other guys. Yes, life is too short and you need to have fun, but not at the expense of someone else's feelings. If she truly loved you she would want to make you happy and stay will you. Relationships are not one way streets...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend Loves Me, But Doesn't Like Me [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm 16 years old, and lately I've been having quite a bit of girlfriend trouble (She's almost 16). My girlfriend and I used to get along great, and we spent quite a decent amount of time together, but I noticed that she didn't really seem to want or liked to spend time...

My girlfriend loves me.and her ex. [ 14 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 years.. she said she wanted to marry me and spend the rest of her life with me... until two months ago, when she started talking to her ex again.. I figured it was OK because she loves me, and I trusted her. However, I was wrong. She cheated on me with him and...

Girlfriend wants to break up, but still loves me? [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya, Was just wondering if you could offer any advice on my situation ? Im 28 and my girlfriend (now ex) is 26. We've been together for just over 6 months now. I live about 70 miles away and only get to see her on the weekends. She is at school as a full time student and a photographer on...

I think my girlfriend loves someone else and not me [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so yeah I'm 15 years old and I've been dating my girlfriend for about 2months And I wanted to know if she still loves me things between me and her were getting a little odd like when we started dating we don't do the same things we use to do, and I think for some reason she still loves her ex...

My girlfriend needs space but she loves me she says [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship with my girlfriend for 5 months now. Everything has been amazing between us we have spent almost every day together doing something even if it was just watching a movie or talking for 5 minutes. Recently she has had some problems with another girl wanting to fight...

View more questions Search