Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unsure_hopeful Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 04:45 AM
    2 weeks late, a lot of symptoms but a negative test
    Hi, I'm 19 and trying for a baby.. I'm 2 weeks late for my period but the test results negative... I have white, cramy discharge (sorry) sore boobs, feeling sicky, a lot of the time.. what should I do please help :(
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Give it another week and try another test if still no period... or ask your doctor about having a blood test done. Treat yourself as though you are likely pregnant and start on a prenatal vitamin if you haven't already (good to be on even when trying to conceive)... change any habits that might be beneficial for you and possible baby. Good luck!

May 24, 2008, 05:14 AM
    Thanks.. I tried taking folic acid tablets for a week or so but every time I took them I just felt ill.. I don't smoke or drink much.. so I'm OK there. Thanks you have given me some hope.. :)
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 05:29 AM
    Might try getting the folic acid in a regular mutivitamin or a prenatal vitamin instead of on it's own and see if that helps. You'll also find the 400 mcg of folic acid in many children's vitamins and they work better for some women. You can also be sure to include the many foods and drinks that are fortified with folic acid for good measure.

May 24, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Thanks... by the sound of it would you say I was pregnant? So you think a multi vitamin would be good, I might ask the pharamacist :D
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 05:10 PM
    You've got the symptoms, so it's possible. A multivitamin won't hurt whether you are pregnant or not, especially if you know your diet could be better.

May 25, 2008, 03:08 AM
    Thank you.. I will try that and keep my fingers crossed.

May 25, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Its doing my head in I really want to no if I am pregnant...

May 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
    My question has been answered I come on to day therefore I am not pregnant... its driving me mad I really want a baby..
    concernedmom26 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Usually a pregnancy test won't show up for positive for 4-6 weeks after your missed period, and symptoms vary between people so it is possiable. I had the same problem when I became pregnant. Take folic acid, and otc pre-natels. Wish you the best...

May 25, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Thanks so you think I still could be? What's otc?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 1/2 weeks late and negative pregnancy test [ 43 Answers ]

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along...

Pregnany symptoms, negative tests, 2 weeks late [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has got the same problem as me? I had my last Depo-provera injection December 2006, my period was a few days late in January 2007 but Feb and Mar periods on time as normal, Im now 2 weeks late for my April period, pregnancy tests that I have taken (which are...

Period 3 weeks late, pregnancy symptoms, negative test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My last period was on 13th March 2008. I have lots of pregnancy symptoms such a nausea, vomiting, tender breasts, sore nipples, harder/firmer breasts, bleeding gums, stuffy nose, headaches daily, tiredness and these are just to name a few, however I have done several home pregnancy tests and...

Two months late, three negative test, but I'm having all the symptoms? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm two months late on my period, and I have also taking three pregnancy test and they have all showed up negative? But I'm have I'm hungry every hour or sometimes after I finished eating my stomach feels empty, (like I haven't eating in days). My sense of small has picked up I'm always tired and I...

View more questions Search