Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadian Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

May 23, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Cousin with hecups
    My little baby cousin has been having hecups every day is it serious or is it normal?
    What causes hecups?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:38 AM
    How old is your baby cousin?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
    I have not heard of any case of hicups being serious.

The cause is the patten and timing of breathing gets off its normal rhythm.

I would not recommend this for a baby, but often if an adult with them gets a quick scare, you know, like you sneak up behind them and go "HEY"! The quick reflexive inhale can often re-set the timing and get rid of the hicups.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:51 AM
    If this baby is an infant, it is very common for them to have hiccups on a daily basis. Babies drink and breathe at the same time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second cousin marriage? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if it is legal to marry your second cousin? It would be very useful if someone could settle this question - 20 bucks is riding on it! Thanks, Kate

Never Help Your Cousin [ 3 Answers ]

My Cousin Had No Credit History So I Took Out A Loan For Him. He Has Been Paying The Monthly Bills (not Always On Time) I Just Received A Letter From A Lawyer's Office Indicating That He Is Filling For Bankruptcy AND I'm In The List Of People And Institutions That He Owes Money To. How Will...

Mooching cousin [ 7 Answers ]

I'm new... my first question. I hope you can help. Here's my situation: When I was growing up, my parents used to send me and my siblings to visit our long distance cousins for about a week almost every summer. There is one cousin who was just horrible. She threw tantrums, always wanted to...

Crzy cousin [ 6 Answers ]

I have a HUGE problem. Im fifteen and I have WAY older cousin who likes me( he's like around 20). It is so weird when I'm around him. He wants me to tell him if I like him or not. Im so scard of him. What can I do?! :'(

View more questions Search